Search results

1. J

Dewalt 10 Woodworker's Table Saw with Rails - DW746X - $697 (Oak Island, NC)

Dewalt 10 Woodworker's Table Saw with Rails - DW746X Upgraded with riving knife Wired for 120v, can be changed to 240v. Current table height is 40", can be easily changed The following accessories are NOT included. Dado blades NOT included INCRA Miter 1000HD NOT included Magswich featherboards...
  2. J

Shaper Tape Origin resource

Does anyone have a source for the tape for a Shaper Origin. All I can find is $22/roll for 150 feet which I think is a bit steep.
  3. J

What are some recommendations for 5" HnL sanding disk

My current favorite disk for my 5" ROS is Cubitron 3M Xtract Net Disc 710W, but the most aggressive is 80 and I need something in the range of 40 grit. What are some recommendations? In the past I used Mirka Gold, they are OK but I was looking for something possibly better.
  4. J

How to PM a member and how do I change my County

How in the heck do I PM a member? I've tried but have not been successful. On some view of my profile, I see that the County is not correct but when I edit my profile there is no county field. How in the heck do I correct it"
  5. J

ClearVue 1800 Noise

I'm in the process of installing a ClearVue 1800 (15" Impeller) that I purchased from another NC Woodworker. It is mounted and I'm now able to apply power to it, so I fired it. GEE WHIZ it is loud! Using an app on my phone I measured the noise level and was super surprised to see it was 110db...
  6. J

Search function seems too limiting

I'm looking for a 6" PVC source. I tried searching for PVC Source and get the following PVC is not allowed but it did perform a search for "source" and returned about 300 hits. This seems a bit weird and limiting. How can I search for "PVC source" or 6" PVC?
  7. J

Need help with Drumsander belt installation

I cannot get the belts on my SuperMax (Laguna Supermax 19-38 Drum Sander) 19-38 drum sander tight enough to prevent damage to the belt. The above new belt was destroyed within 10 minutes! When I install a belt I attempt to take up all the slack in the belt but I always see a small amount. As...
  8. J

Shaper Origin near Oak Island

Any classes on the Shaper origin? Any Shaper origin owners near Oak Island?
  9. J

Shop database app

I'm looking an app to record my shop contents and would appreciate suggestions and comments. As I get older the thoughts of giving up on woodworking or the visit from the grim reaper become more real. I don't have a family member that would like to receive my shop contents, thus the only option...
  10. J

Hex Drive Socket Cap Bolts for outdoor project

I'm in the process of restoring a very old outdoor table (picnic type) for my son. The table was originally built by my father about 50 years ago. I was surprised by how good the condition of the wood was, but it did show signs of age. It was well weathered and cracked on the weathered side. I...
  11. J

Need info, installing a Byrd Shelix head on a Hammer A3-31

My current plan is to install a Byrd Shelix head on my Hammer A3-31 but before I make the purchase I'd like to get more information regarding the installation. So far my search for such has not produced anything helpful. Does anyone have any information? I have seen a few videos regarding other...
  12. J

SOLD: Harvey-Gyro 700 for sale

I goofed and did not correctly determine my needs for my shop. I need a much more powerful DC thus I'm selling my Harvey-Gyro 700. It is new but it is not the dust collector for me. It is located in Oak Island NC and available for pick up only. I’m asking $2450. The machine weighs about 500 lbs...
  13. J

Bosch REXX vs SawStop JSS-MCA

I’m considering replacing my Dewalt 10 Woodworker’s Table Saw with 30 Rails – DW746X with either the Bosch REXX or SawStop JSS-MCA and looking for suggestions. I’m leaning toward the REXX mainly because if the safety is triggered all you do is replace the cartridge or reverse it. In the SawStop...
  14. J

Article Posting - Review Mirka Abrasives Sanding Belts and Disks

OK I seem to be confused. I created a post for the Articles section of the website (Review Mirka Abrasives Sanding Belts and Disks). When I viewed the articles section I could see it on the left side of the page and there was a comment that it has not been published. Now when I view the articles...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS