Article Posting - Review Mirka Abrasives Sanding Belts and Disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgt1942

John
User
OK I seem to be confused. I created a post for the Articles section of the website (Review Mirka Abrasives Sanding Belts and Disks). When I viewed the articles section I could see it on the left side of the page and there was a comment that it has not been published. Now when I view the articles section I don't see the posting on the left side of the page. When will it be published? Is there some other action required on my part? I did create a reply to another post and immediately I saw the posted reply as soon as I clicked the submit button.

ehpoole

Ethan
An administrator will have to authorize it for publication. Give them a few days.

It is under review at present as there is a related policy discussion in progress that concerns this matter. It will probably be a few days before we reach a consensus and can report back to you.

Just to be clear nobody is in the wrong, you have just presented us with an unexpected type of Article and we are trying to decide whether such belongs under Articles, a Forum thread or a personal Blog. If under a Articles, then we will need to decide how to reconfigure the Articles area to accommodate such. Every once in awhile we encounter an unexpected outcome or opportunity and we just need a little time to deliberate and determine how best to proceed and/or revise our internal policies (which is not a bad thing -- a little confusion every now and then can be healthy). :)

And confusion aside, thank you for taking the time to author an Article, regardless of our final decision.

PS -- Just FYI for anyone following this thread, all Articles submitted by any other than an admin must be reviewed by an admin before they actually go live (they are moderated), so it is not a quick turnaround. This is because there are many configuration and categorization settings that must be reviewed, and often corrected, for each Article and because we have certain quality and expected lifetime targets that generally must be met before we approve an Article for publishing as they are intended to be fairly high quality content. But we definitely need help getting more Articles authored for the relevant Article categories.

jgt1942

John
User
AH now I understand.
Possible suggestion is to create a new category titled "Reviews". When I thought about the posting I had difficulty determining where it fit within the current structure. Articles seemed to be the best current fit but not quite a perfect fit. :) Thanks for letting me know the status and clearing the confusion. BTW I have no conflict regarding Mirka, I'm just a user of their products.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
AH now I understand.
Possible suggestion is to create a new category titled "Reviews". When I thought about the posting I had difficulty determining where it fit within the current structure. Articles seemed to be the best current fit but not quite a perfect fit. :) Thanks for letting me know the status and clearing the confusion. BTW I have no conflict regarding Mirka, I'm just a user of their products.

Thanks for clearing this up. Normally when a new user joins and jumps right in pushing a product our radar gores up. We have seen our fair share of spammers over the years. It would be great is you go to the Who We Are forum and give us an intro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS