Snappy Replacement Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Well. Had an episode this evening out in the old shop. Was drilling pilot holes for #8 screws using my new set of Snappy tapered countersink bits. (They are great, by the way.) Laid the drill down on top of the TS and proceeded to trip over the cord and down came the drill and snapped the #8 bit off at the countersink.:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

This is (was) the set....

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5519

I have been all over the web ... McFeelys, Woodcraft, Rockler, Lee Valley, Woodworkers Supply (including the Snappy site and can't seen to locate someplace to buy a replacement bit.

Is there anyone out there that have had to replace a bit out of this set? Or....do I need to go out and buy another set, just to replace the #8?

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Wayne

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Wayne, you can use any drill bit of the same size to replace the broken one. Forget that what size screw it says it is for an just measure the base of the old bit. If you don't care about the bit being tapered than you can go to almost HD and find a straight bit of the same base size. If you really want the tapered, then here is one place you can buy a tapered bit and not have buy a whole set.

just remember not to get hung up on what screw size it says it is for, just match the actual size of the bit.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Sorry for the mishap Wayne. But I have to ask, were you wearing safety shoes :eusa_sile :lol:

Roger

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Wayne, you can use any drill bit of the same size to replace the broken one. Forget that what size screw it says it is for an just measure the base of the old bit. If you don't care about the bit being tapered than you can go to almost HD and find a straight bit of the same base size. If you really want the tapered, then here is one place you can buy a tapered bit and not have buy a whole set.

just remember not to get hung up on what screw size it says it is for, just match the actual size of the bit.

Thanks Steve.... I must be in the middle of a "Senior Moment - or Two":BangHead: . Did not even think of your suggestion. Problem easily solved......Thanks a lot!

Sorry for the mishap Wayne. But I have to ask, were you wearing safety shoes :eusa_sile :lol:

Roger

Not really Roger. These are a pair of my "shop slippers" that are standard Canuck apparel in the shop. (Family just don't have the heart to sneek dad's Nike slippers to the trash!:lol: )

Thanks Guys!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS