Wooooohooooo!!! Lathe is up and running!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
OK so about a month back I purchased an old Total Shop "Lathe" off ebay. It was delivered from FL about 1.5 weeks later...because of the set-up it was unusable(bent legs and loose busted wheels.) Well Mon I built a new bench for it, s*#t new problem no mounting holes to bolt it on the new bench. I solved that issue with the brackets under the ends. Turned it on and oh was it smooth and hardly any vibes from the bench. SWEEET! So last night I put my very first ever piece of wood on a lathe and had a blast with the crappy chisels that came with it. Today I had some more fun sanding, staining and polishing the "thing" I made.....here it is.

Thing-1.jpg

Thing.jpg

NewImage-1.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Congratulations...your first bumpy stick. I kept my second one:embaresse the first scared the dawg.
Have fun on the slope, it looks like your just about to go over the edge :icon_thum:icon_thum

Dave:)

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Go Gary, GO!!!!!!!.
Have fun lil brother.
I'm still a flatlander, with a lathe hidding in the corner til I get done with the table.
then watch out. CUrlly stuff will be fly'n.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Way to go:icon_thum.Man this slope is as slick as {well you know}.I love it though.Keep up the good work,Can't wait to see some more.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Muhhahah (evil laugh)... another one joins the dark side :wink_smil. Glad you're enjoying the world of spin! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
ba da boom boom boom
another one turns some dust!!
come towards the dark.......

welcome to the 'other' side
isn't it nice and R O U N D ???
each one gets better and better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor