woodturning on PBS today at 10:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
I saw that Woodturning will be on PBS today at 10:30. I don't know if this is for the whole state or just the western end I live in. It has been at least 6 months since it has been on in the Western end of the state. I really don't understand PBS's decision on only having this show on here and there. Western North Carolina is home for the largest AAW woodturning club in the Nation.
Jack

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Jack was it on?
We were out of the station then and I didn't get to see if it was on. I checked the programming for yesterday on unctv.com and couldn't find the show or a listing for it.
Is it on a different public tv station?

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I watched it at 10:30 on SCETV here in Myrtle Beach. Good Show!! Another woodworking program was on right before it at 10:00 called "Woodsmith Shop". Also good programing and very informative. Showed how to make a series of router jigs which anyone can do and are very useful.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
It was on ETV which is channel 29 on Direct TV. I have always call this channel PBS but must have been wrong. It was on sandblasting HF's. Tim hollowed out a form that half was cut away just to show you what is going on on the inside of a HF as you hollow it. He used what looked to be an elbow tool that clamped to the tail stock to hollow the vessel. All and all one of the best shows I seen him do to date. It covered two things I've never done, the sandblasting and the use of an elbow tool. I absorbed as much as I could. After spending 3 hours hollowing out the walnut crotch some type of captive system might be in my future.
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS