Wood "Scrap" Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Anybody want to set up a wood "scrap" exchange especially any of you flatlanders that can share your wealth of scraps with us darksiders?:gar-La; This may be a great way to share in some small pieces of wood that we have been using!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don't know if we need anything formal. A lot of this goes on during shop crawls and personal one on one visits. Every wood worker has a scrap pile. Some people have bigger piles then others. :gar-Bi If you have a specific need or have specific items to trade post it.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
About all I have is scrap.I used to be a dumpster diver at work.Found alot of teak,holly,mahogany and other common woods.I use small stuff for carving.Tony

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I should have added that I have some off-cuts that are available.

I am such an awful packrat - my first impulse was to respond "ooh, what kind" but then I remembered I haven't even touched that big piece of spalted maple you gave me several months ago. I do have plans for it though; I am planning to make one of these:

http://musical-instruments.novica.com/view-by-region/thailand/teak-xylophone-thai-melody/152016/

It takes great restraint on my part not to make a comment that might be considered political about what an obviously skilled carver should be paid for her work. Anyway, the wood you gave me is enough to make the body and I will make the tone bars out of redwood.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Unfortunately most of my scraps are between 1/16" to 3/8" since I am just turning pens. So if anyone is wanting to get rid of scraps that are 1x1ish and 4 - 12" in length I will be happy to take them off your hands. Once I have scraps of signifigance I will be happy to give back. :)

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
I wanted to add that if anyone is Down East way I will trade mosquitoes for any scraps.We in the coastal areas don't want to be stingy with our dive bombers.:gar-La;Tony

Truefire

New User
Chris
Anybody want to set up a wood "scrap" exchange especially any of you flatlanders that can share your wealth of scraps with us darksiders?:gar-La; This may be a great way to share in some small pieces of wood that we have been using!

Hey buddy I have some 1" x 1.5" x 6" white oak, A grade that I am willing to depart with. I have about 50 pieces that I would be willing to trade with you for some other type of wood or either you can pay me a little for it and the shipping in a flat rate box. Send me a PM. or call me at 252-717-6699.

Thanks, This wood can be split down the center with a table saw and used for various pen turning projects if you like oak for pens, I do but I know not everyone does.

Anyway, let me know something, thanks chris:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
I have bunches, that I'm sorry to say go to the burn pile.
But my pile is starting to fill back up quickly.
You want it come and get it!!!!!
WO, RO, Black Walnut, Ash, Popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS