Wlanut Lumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanley

New User
Ted
Almost 2 years ago a neighbor ask me if I would be interested in cutting some walnut trees near a building he was planning to burn. I said yes, grabbed by chainsaw and started cutting. Had the logs sawed into 1 and 2 inch thick pieces. Results was about 300 board feet of good to excellent walnut material along with numerous short sections great for turning. Now the lumber is dry and ready to work. One of my latest pieces was a magazine rack, all joints mortised. What a challenge, trying to fit it all together before the glue begins to dry.

And one of turned pieces.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Excellant work for sure! I love both pieces! Walnut is my favorite species..I love that stuff. It has just the look that hits my eye! Have a little drying but have a year or more to go before dry!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
nice work!:icon_thum I've got some that I just broke into. its been drying for well over a year and is now getting used. beutifull figured walnut is one of my favorites. gonna try to get some pics today or tomorrow of the newest yet unfinished piece. :gar-Bi will post when it happens.:wink_smil

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
After buying just 5 BF of walnut it is now probably my new favorite wood. That is a great looking project.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Another walnut lover here . . . but more importantly, I like what you did with it. That's really nice work :thumbsup:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS