WIP Elm(a gift from DaveO)-Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Most recent turning. 1st coat of finish. Wood is unknown~a gift from DaveO. Shot in my $0.50 photo tent. Tell me whatcha think.

P1000816.JPG

P1000820.JPG

P1000823.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Re: WIP Bowl wood-unknown(a gift from DaveO)

Elm, from Jeff, and it looks dang good. Great pics!!!

Dave:)

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Great looking bowl. The grain is outstanding. Pictures are great too. How about a picture of your $.50 photo tent??

Bob

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Brick...That's bout what it was like. Sucker gave my tools a work out. Even had to resort to a glove from the hot shavings. I think it was worth it though.

Pics of the tent to follow.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Brick...That's bout what it was like. Sucker gave my tools a work out. Even had to resort to a glove from the hot shavings. I think it was worth it though.

Pics of the tent to follow.

That's some rough stuff Gary - you should be proud you did good - nice bowl and finish. That's American Elm and quite rare.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Gary, that is KEWL. Love that grain. Tell us more about this photo tent.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Nice looking bowl Gary. It can be tough to keep the pith in the turning. Looks like it held together well.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Great looking bowl, and I would gladly pay 5.00 for a .50 cent photo tent like that:gar-Bi.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Re: Photo Tent Info

Ok since I am felling a little to [STRIKE]lazy[/STRIKE] tired to get out the camera and what not I am going to give a verbal instruction on the $0.50 photo tent.

Cardboard covered in aluminum foil. form a taped cube with 3 = sides bright side of the foil facing in. The rear is left open and the bacground of your choice (mine was a towel) is laid on a flat surface with enough material left to come up to the top of your "box" the front side is cut away about 1/3,and covered in foil. Leave the opening at the top edge. Aim your light source inside, but not directle at the subject and shoot through the opening. This is a super cheap super quick tent setup.

Here is a link I found after doing mine:BangHead: that is also super cheap and easy, even woodworker friendly.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

Ok since I am felling a little to [STRIKE]lazy[/STRIKE] tired to get out the camera and what not I am going to give a verbal instruction on the $0.50 photo tent.

Cardboard covered in aluminum foil. form a taped cube with 3 = sides bright side of the foil facing in. The rear is left open and the bacground of your choice (mine was a towel) is laid on a flat surface with enough material left to come up to the top of your "box" the front side is cut away about 1/3,and covered in foil. Leave the opening at the top edge. Aim your light source inside, but not directle at the subject and shoot through the opening. This is a super cheap super quick tent setup.

Here is a link I found after doing mine:BangHead: that is also super cheap and easy, even woodworker friendly.

Thank you Gary:thumbs_up

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

Oh come on tell us more about those flame retardant gloves of yours :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS