Wild Black Cherry / QS White oak forsale

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Striker, the QSWO will be fresh logs that were bucked just a few weeks ago, so the lumber very wet. I would suspect it would peg most 24% mostiure meters.

Thanks

J

jeff...

There is 930 BF for this run, considering I don't want to haul any more than 1000BF on my trailer I think it's time to close this run.

Everyone please check the first post in this thread and ensure I didn't goof your order.

Thanks everyone :-D

J

jeff...

Skysharks / Fernhollowman / Tarhead / Justicefan23 and HPM67,

Please go back to the first post to this thread and ensure I have your orders correct, if not smack me up side the head :slap: and I'll change it. We are going to pulling logs out of the yard and start milling this week and I want to ensure I did mess anyones order up before we put blade to log.

Thanks

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Jeff,
I'm good on the Cherry and QSWO. The 8/4 Walnut you are bringing me would be better if <12" wide. If you've already cut it no prob. I've got a brand new ripping blade ready for it.
Mark

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Good to go. I'm bringing the trailer, so I can handle 10', but no longer.

Last edited:
J

jeff...

I'm good buddy, just sleepy, lol

John I just went back and looked at the QSRO thread - it's 150BF not 100BF like I have listed here in the first post of this thread :BangHead:.

You OK with 150BF or should I only bring 100BF?

Thanks

J

jeff...

Everyone, I received an email from skysharks and due to some unforeseen circumstances he is going to have to bow out of this run. We have not started cutting the wild black cherry yet so there is 200 BF available.

As for the QSRO, I sawed it a month or so ago and I think I'll keep it for myself. Strange but true, Red Oak is my favorite wood to build furniture with.

I'll update the first post in this thread and make 200 BF of wild black cherry available.

Thanks everyone :-D

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Jeff, please put me down for 50 BF of 4/4 Cherry if it is available. Thanks.

Michael

J

jeff...

Jeff, I'll go with your original recommendation and say bark on. Thanks.

Got it - thanks.

There is still 150BF of Wild Black Cherry availible. I plan on bringing some turning blanks, but I'm not making any promises, all depends on what's left over after we meet out BF orders. Is there any intrest in cherry turning blocks?

J

jeff...

Hello everyone - wanted to let you know we'll be starting to cut everyone's orders tomorrow, there's still about 150 BF of wild black cherry available for the run. But if we don't make close to 900BF, that's cool too. Oak is pretty dog gone heavy.

I'll try and snap some pictures of pretty wood tomorrow and will have a better idea on size / length of the cherry. I think you guys are wise to leave the bark on the cherry.

It'll be a fun day of quartersawing white oak for me (lots flipping and edging). I really thank you guys a lot for wanting 8' ers - that'll make it a lot easier on me :-D

Thanks

J

jeff...

Cut the QSWO today, it's very clean - I think there was one knot in the whole log trunk. A lot of the boards are clear top grade lumber. I really don;t think it could get much better than this. QS ray flake is very nice too. The log measured 26" accross the big end and with my dogs part way up I was able to rip the right down the center with no problem. It sure is nice to be able to go over the the oak log pile with a chaninsaw and bobcat, pull out the log I wanted and cut it to length. There are a large number of big diamameter high grade white oak logs out there and I would like to continue sawing them while the gettings good, if you know what I mean 8-O.

After edging and pith removal, the widest boards are 11" and a few 4" and several inbetween, I couldn't help myself on those 4" boards, it was to pretty to cull and still had good QS ray flake. I kept sawing till the QS ray flake was no more or the boards reached 4" wide, whichever happened first. This was the cleanest white oak log I've cut yet, I think you guys will be very pleased. Oak is by far my favorite lumber, as if you couldn't tell.

Also cut some of the WBC, Logs range in lengths from 8' to 14'. I've cut just a few cherry before but I don't recall it smelling like this does. It has a real sweet almost like a mild ladies purfume. I can still smell it on my clothes, I don't know if I want to change them just yet :-D. After you smell the Cherry, you guys may change your mind about wanting to drying it. I just hope my wife doesn't think I was hanging out with another woman all day :lol:. So I best change and shower now :icon_thum

Thanks

J

jeff...

Just a reminder, this Sunday is the day. Really looking forward to meeting everyone again.

Thanks

BobN

New User
Bob
Jeff, I would be intested in the some Cherry turning blanks. Let me know if you're going to bring some and I'll be there.

I'll take some of the Cherry wood also, about 100bd ft. if you have that much left.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS