Wild Black Cherry / QS White oak forsale

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

We would like to try lumber run #3 Sunday (Feb 11th) in the Harbor Freight parking lot in Raleigh off capital blvd (US 1) around 11:00 AM. I don't want to carry much more than 1000BF on my trailer, so if we reach 900 BF we'll have to close this.

This time we would like to try Wild Black Cherry and QS White Oak. We have not sawed the logs yet, so we can include custom quarter inch sawing within reason (4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 12/4, long bowl blank, etc...) at no additional cost. However if you want a bunch of 2x2’s or veneer or something over 12" wide, we’ll need to talk.

The Wild Black Cherry logs should dress out from 6 ~ 8" wide. There is only appox 500 BF in the log yard. Yet there is several thousand BF of White oak and I'll try and pick the best logs for max width boards (up to 12"). Black cherry will be flat sawn, white oak will be quarter sawn. Lumber will be rough cut, fresh off the log.

Wild Black Cherry is $2.50 a BF
QS White oak is $1.50 a BF

Skysharks sent me a PM for 200 BF of wild black cherry and I have some QS red oak to bring to him. Fernhollowman verbally asked for black cherry, however no there was no mention of BF her wanted. so I would like to reserve the 300 BF for him. Currently 150BF of Wild Black Cherry is available and QSWO is SOLD OUT.

[strike]* Skysharks - 200BF Wild Black Cherry ([/strike][strike]4/4, 2 boards 8/4) canceled
Skysharks - 100BF 5/4 QSRO - previously sawn canceled[/strike]

* Fernhollowman
- 300BF Wild Black Cherry (4/4 - bark on) CONFIRMED

* Tarhead - 100BF Wild Black Cherry (50BF 4/4 and 50BF 8/4 - bark on) CONFIRMED
* TarHead - 50BF QSWO (25BF 8/4, 25BF 4/4 -
prefer 8' long) CONFIRMED
Tarhead - 50BF Black Walnut (8/4, wide as we can get,
prefer 8' long) CONFIRMED

* Justicefan23 - 100BF QSWO (5/4 - prefer 8' long but can do 10') CONFIRMED
* Justicefan23 - 50BF Wild Black Cherry (4/4, Bark on) CONFIRMED

* HPM67 30 BF (5/4 Soft Maple) - previously sawn CONFIRMED

* Golfdad - 60BF Black Walnut (4/4, 5 to 8 inches wide and around 8 ft long) CONFIRMED

* BobN - 100BF Wild Black Cherry (5/4, Bark on) CONFIRMED

840BF Total

If you’re interested, please reply to this post. Those that I have listed above, please reply to this thread and verify I have listed your orders correct.

J

jeff...

cherry confirmed.

Jim, just need to know what thickness you wanting, I can't play much on the length - there's not a log of logs in the yard. Do you want bark on the edges? or dressed to the nearest inch?

Thanks

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Jeff,
I'm good for 50bf of 4/4 and 50bf of 8/4 QSWO.
Jim,
If you want to share I can use 25bf of the cherry in 4/4 and 25bf in 8/4.
Mark

I have room for 50bf more if anyone in CLT area needs transport. Must agree to come along and help.
Mark

J

jeff...

Jeff,
I'm good for 50bf of 4/4 and 50bf of 8/4 QSWO.
Jim,
If you want to share I can use 25bf of the cherry in 4/4 and 25bf in 8/4.
Mark

I have room for 100bf more if anyone in CLT area needs transport. Must agree to come along and help.
Mark

Mark, There might be another 100 or so BF out there. It's really hard to estimate without getting right up on each log with a log rule. So we just guessed low. When we start sawing them we'll know better.

would you like for me to put you down for the cherry if we have it?

Thanks

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Jeff,
If you have 100bf of the cherry I'll take it (50bf 4/4+50bf 8/4). My order will have to be adjusted to 25bf of 4/4 + 25bf 8/4 of the QSWO if it works out. If it doesn't and Jim wants to share that's fine too and I'll go back to my original plan.
Thanks!

J

jeff...

May I suggest with the Wild Black Cherry, consider leaving the bark on the edges. You'll get more usable board and you can dye the sap wood to match the heart wood or you could trim the sapwood off if you don't want it.

Just a thought

Thanks

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
If there is still room Jeff, put me down for 100BF of QS White Oak (5/4). I look forward to meeting everyone. Thanks.

-Michael

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Jeff sent you a pm.
This cherry will be planed down to 3/4" and used for face frames and cabinet doors, so I am thinking true 4/4 would be fine.
As far as lenghts that depends on the log, but 10' lenghts would work out good. I would like to stay clear of anything longer so I can transport easier.
I would like to get some 8/4 for some table legs if, it is available.
I only would need (2) 10' sticks of the 8/4.

J

jeff...

Mark / John, with the cherry there's only so many logs in the yard. We're not going to be able to play with the length on these. I might also suggest leaving the bark on the edges to maximize your board widths. You could dye the sapwood to match the heart wood there was a pretty good article in wood mag not long ago on doing this. With a natural edge you could trim out the sap wood a lot better than I can on the mill. Just trying to get you guys the widest boards possible.

It's up to you guys, how you want it, Jim replied with bark on. So basically for the Cherry I just need to know thickness in quarters and whether you would like bark on of bark off.

Thanks

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
I can handle the lenght OK, I can always cut them down, or I borrow my buddy's trailer again, No problem.
As far as bark on and sap wood goes.
I should have thought this thru a bit better, as I need 200 feet of dressed, with no sap.
Oh well I'll handle it.
This is still a fantastic deal. I'm in, I'm in, yahoo:eusa_danc :eusa_danc

M

McRabbet

If it wasn't 500 miles round trip, I'd have jumped onto a bunch of the QSWO at that price when you first announced it.

Rob

J

jeff...

Here's my WM's new home, for a while anyways. I'm set up by the firewood/scrap pile. The pile of whitish looking lumber to the bottom right is some of the Maple I cut yesterday. I have a little edging left and the maple will be done. And also a picture of the cherry logs that need to be dug out.

What you see in these picture is nothing compared to what's in the log yard, it's massive. It started to rain, so I left without snapping any more pics. There are all kinds of goodies (unique species) out there, Ted walked me around a little yesterday and pointed some of them out. It's gonna take me a while to get my bearings and as unique stuff comes up, I'll write it down and I'll post it on NCwoodworker.net to see if anyone is interested.

This is a great place for me to cut my teeth on my WM and learn how to identify different logs by sight.

Thanks

Attachments

• Jan21_02.jpg
    Jan21_02.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 193
  • Jan21_01.jpg
    Jan21_01.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 148

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Wow, drool, drool.
Can I come and live with you , better yet how about adopting me, lol.

I would be in heaven.

striker

New User
Stephen
Jeff,

This question may have been covered in the previous 4 million replys to your lumber posts. I apologize for the redundancy if so. I was wondering if this is considered green wood at this point? What can you expect the MC to be?

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS