White Oak Plywood ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I am looking at making a child's dresser using some of the white oak I got from Scott and Jeff.

To lessen the overall weight of it, I was toying with using white oak plywood for doing flat panels on the ends.

I can't seem to find anyone close to Raleigh/Durham that carries it. The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville have it listed at their website (1/4 and 3/4) but it is a fair drive from Cary. I will probably only need 1 sheet.

Red Oak is pretty popular but no white oak. (Even Capital City Lumber said that they couldn't even special order it!:BangHead: Using red oak I am faced with trying to color match it, too.))

Thanks for your help.

Wayne

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Wayne,

See if anyone wants a sheet or two and then have it delivered from Gibsonville. They deliver to Raleigh for a flat $39.00 fee. (approx the price of a sheet). Split the cost of delivery amongst the number of folks who may be interested

Just a thought

Matt

gator

George
Corporate Member
If you have never been to The Hardwood Store, it is worth the trip just to see all the stock they have. They also have 'shorts' for sale at reduced pricing and I never leave without more than I went for. Besides, you pass right by Woodworker's Supply on the way which is another place to get rid of your money. Go out I-40, Exit 148 is Woodworker's Supply and Exit 138 for The Hardwood Store. All in all, a nice little road trip.

George

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Try calling the Wurth Wood Group. They are formerly known as Raleigh Hardwoods. Located on Poole Rd. 231-6620.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS