where can i find affordable ash 3/4 plywood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
in raleigh area. i know of raleigh hardwoods on poole road, but wondering of any other distributors in area who may sell ash plywood! thanks all.:icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You might try check with any of these places -

The Hardwood store of North Carolina
106 V East Railroad Ave
Gibsonville, NC 27249
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phone: 1-888-445-7335[/FONT]
http://www.hardwoodstore.com
Reviews
(it's actually in Region 2, but right on the boarder in Guilford Co)

Jackson International Corp.
6017 NC Highway 55
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526-7919
Phone: 919-577-9994
jacksonintl@aol.com

McEwen Lumber Company - Raleigh
Division of Hood Industries
4725 Auburn-Knightdale Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27610
Composite panels, hardwood lumber, hardwood plywood, imported plywood, marine boat panels, softwood lumber
office 919-772-7550
website - McEwan Lumber - Raleigh
email - raleigh@mcewenlumber.com
Click here for a map
Per Phone call - Minimum order is $500, No Retail

Or Horizon Forest Products, not to far from the Raleigh Hardwood Center - http://www.horizonforest.com/index.php?page=Raleigh-NC

How much are you looking to get? That might be a special order type item with some minimums :eusa_thin

Or you always could get the veneer and lay up your own panels 8-O

Dave:)

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
ohh i need 5-6 sheets for book shelves/tv center on both side of my custom stone fireplace. ive got an ash mantel i had to buy from travis porter, since mine from my property developed bugs:BangHead: and had to trash. have about 7 4/4 boards of ash from tree off property to trim it with!

im gonna make a few calls monday . thanks for input
dave

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
thanks

bernard, wall lumber is about 80 dollars in gas for me to go there. has great prices on hardwood floors and all, but raleigh to winston salem for ply-wood a bit far.

as for jackson lumber, were are the located. never heard of them!

thanks again

DaveO

New User
DaveO
as for jackson lumber, were are the located. never heard of them!

thanks again

Jackson International is located in Fuqay-Varina where Hwys. 55, 42 & 401 merge. Definetely call them first, their business is a little weird, but they have lots of plywood.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I've only been in there once. He isn't really set up for walk in customers. I think that he sells more to large cabinet shops. I saw a lot of plywood in huge stacks, and was told that they have a room of hardwood stock, but due to insurance issues I couldn't see it :eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin
That and it's just a dinghy warehouse with no recognizable organization 8-O

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
dave o ,

talked to i believe ower of jackson lumber(robin jackson) and they were 20 $ a board cheaper then horizon(with a grade one plywood compaired to #2 one side ash) told him about this site and he took the info down and wants to check it out! do i see discounts in the near future!!:eusa_danc :eusa_pray just waiting on call back from raleigh hardwoods before i take trip to pick up on friday! thanks again

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
Jackson Plywood is well worth any WW'ers trip - it must be seen to be believed. It is in an old tobacco auction warehouse that must cover 4 acres of land. It is chock-a-block full of every kind of imaginable sheet good and some that are beyond imagination. The advice that they are unusual might be in the sense that they do not cater to the retail trade all that much, but they don't mind letting someone sniff around. F-V for me is about 25+ miles away but I make the trip on occasion to visit a buddy who is also a WW'er. He covered his attic with a sub-floor from Jackson that was - get this - 3/4" hardwood furniture grade plywood. He had no qualms about it because it was so cheap. If you go down you better bring something capable of taking a lot home with you because you will sure be tempted!!

If you want to wait until Monday maybe Dave and I will go with you ~ how does that fit with you Dave??

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Who knew plywood could be so complicated? ... My pattern instructions say "One 4'x8' sheet of 1/2" thick exterior grade plywood good one or two sides, preferably 5-ply for better stability."

When I checked HD and Lowes websites for prices, I can't tell if they are exterior grade or how many ply :eusa_thin. I better learn more about the wood before I take a trip to Jackson Plywood.

Will

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
Hmmm... this Jackson Plywood place sounds intriguing.

I may want to tag along on Monday as well to check it out.

Let me know what time you all plan to be there.

-Kevin

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
I sense a groundswell of interest in heading down to Fuquay on Monday. How about an early morning meet somewhere around Cary and then a trek down? Somewhere around Walnut Street for coffee and around 8:30AM might work out if that sounds good.

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
I sense a groundswell of interest in heading down to Fuquay on Monday. How about an early morning meet somewhere around Cary and then a trek down? Somewhere around Walnut Street for coffee and around 8:30AM might work out if that sounds good.

Haven't heard much back on this suggestion - is anyone interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS