Waited Long Enuff...DaveO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Dave!!!

I have been patiently awaiting the unavailing of the hall bench build that you were designing back in December/09.

http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/f29/design-input-critique-28387/

I am by no means trying to put you on spot; but, have you made any progress that you can report?:icon_scra

I, for one are surely missing your posts and pictures of some of your great work!!!

We sure would like to see a progress report or has the project been canceled?

I ,for one, always look forward to your interesting and informative posts.:icon_cheers

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I believe he's too busy testing his home-brewed beer to get in the shop.

Dang busted by Steve. I haven't made any progress on that bench since X-mas. I lost interest in it. But I have renewed my interest in Homebrewing, and have been doing quite a bit of it. Beer and power tools don't mix.

Thanks Wayne for calling me out :gar-Bi:icon_thum

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Dang busted by Steve. I haven't made any progress on that bench since X-mas. I lost interest in it. But I have renewed my interest in Homebrewing, and have been doing quite a bit of it. Beer and power tools don't mix.

So sorry 'bout posting this thread, Dave. :embaresse But, I just had to know.

I was actually starting to think that you had sold all of the shop gear and invested in a brewery.:wsmile:

I will continue to wait patiently.

Thanks,

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I need all my woodworking tools when I make my bar :wsmile: Actually my shop has been at the ideal temperature for Ale yeast fermentation. So my space is limited. As it warms up I will have to move the brewery to the bedroom and I'll have my shop space back.

No harm, no foul. I've been looking at the stack of prepped boards saying, I really should finish this. I didn't realize it has been 2½ months since I started it :embaresse :BangHead: Of course that breaks down to only to only 20 woodworking days.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I need all my woodworking tools when I make my bar :wsmile: Actually my shop has been at the ideal temperature for Ale yeast fermentation. So my space is limited. As it warms up I will have to move the brewery to the bedroom and I'll have my shop space back.

No harm, no foul. I've been looking at the stack of prepped boards saying, I really should finish this. I didn't realize it has been 2½ months since I started it :embaresse :BangHead: Of course that breaks down to only to only 20 woodworking days.

As painful as it is to think about having a nice shop and not doing woodworking, I'd say you have yourself one heck of a good excuse. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm: Man, I need to stop by soon and check out the [STRIKE]shop[/STRIKE] brewery. :widea: :eek:ccasion1

timf67

New User
Tim

Brewery in the bedroom?!?! :widea: hmmm, maybe I can convince SWMBO....:nah:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

I came home from Christmas with 5 cases of homebrew hooch. One of my son's brewed up for me for as a Christmas present. They are all good full flavored beers but the best of the bunch is this Dunkelweizen (dark wheat) with the Danstar Munich wheat beer option and regular cane sugar primer. Drink a few homebrews then try a Coors light and then you'll know why I call Coors light - CL Smoothies.

My son is currently getting set up to brew all grain lagers - I can;t wait Mmmm

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jeff that sounds great, save me one if you can. Homebrewing is a lot like woodworking. You're doing it yourself, and creating a better product than you can buy, but generally at a higher cost. But the pride is there and that comes at no expense. I find that re-starting my homebrew hobby has come with a lot of expense...I need a larger brew pot/I need a larger jointer/lathe. I can buy my grains in bulk/I can buy a lot of wood. I need a bigger burner to heat a 10 gal boil/I need 220 or a phase generator.
So I've just transferred my obsession to another medium:cool: for a while :icon_thum

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Jeff that sounds great, save me one if you can. Homebrewing is a lot like woodworking. You're doing it yourself, and creating a better product than you can buy, but generally at a higher cost. But the pride is there and that comes at no expense. I find that re-starting my homebrew hobby has come with a lot of expense...I need a larger brew pot/I need a larger jointer/lathe. I can buy my grains in bulk/I can buy a lot of wood. I need a bigger burner to heat a 10 gal boil/I need 220 or a phase generator.
So I've just transferred my obsession to another medium:cool: for a while :icon_thum

This frosty mug of Dunkelweizen is for you. Aged about 4 months in the bottle and stored in my cellar it's mellowing out nicely. I wished I had a few more cases of this stuff. I'm sure this is one reason I don't fit into my jeans any more :) but I'll be sure and save you a bottle.

BTW - the time it took to type this - it's already gone

Dunkelweizen.JPG

lottathought

New User
Michael
What I heard is that he will eventually need to sell the tools to make room for the brewery.
I want in on the table saw.

:banana::saw:

dlrion

New User
Dan
Hey DaveO,

I read this and you started the cogs turning... I don't drink much beer, but I LOVE my Vodka and Rum. Have you ever done any moonshining? Do you have a still? Where do you get your supplies?

I think I might be interested in this.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS