Visited Rob's shop today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I went down to Sanford to see Rob's shop today. First, he's been working on getting it more organized and I wanted to see the progress. Second, I wanted to take a close look at one of his jigs to see if I can make my own version. Yea, I'm cheap! :gar-La;

The shop is really coming along nice. He's put up plywood on the walls and painted it white. This gives him more space to hang things, as you can see in the pic below, plus it helps brighten up the shop.

IMG_2108.JPG

View image in gallery

On another section he's left plenty of room for some custom tool cabinets to store hand tools. From what he has in mind, I can't wait to see the finished product. :eusa_danc

One thing I did get to see today is a couple of new planes and a Stanley #82 scraper he recently picked up. They'll look good in the new tool cabinets.

Thanks for a good visit Rob. The shop is looking great, especially w/ all the useable wall space you're creating. :eusa_clap

Bill

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
That's not Rob's shop...I mean the last time I was there the walls were gray, dingy and dark! Those walls are white, clean and plywood...I'm CONFUSED!!

:)

Looks great Rob! I need to get by there the next time we're in town!

Bill, aren't you jealous of his wood storage/finishing room?

Rob

New User
Rob
Phil, you need to visit Bill's shop, then you would understand why he's not jealous of my wood/finishing room.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I need to make it around to your shops also. I missed Rob's on the tour when I tried to do a good deed (pony express) with bad trailer tires and I keep hearing nice things about Bill's. One of these days...

Rob

New User
Rob
It's a bit different now Andy, then it was then. I still have lots to do, about 5 or 6 more cabinets to build yet. Slowly but surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS