Tuchwud looking for 100 BF 5/4 rough saw Hickory

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

I recall Ivey saying he had recently sawn some hickory. Tuchwud (Don) is looking for around 100 BF of 5/4. I have the logs and could saw out 100 BF for him, but figured if one of the sawyers on this site has it already sawed we would be a step ahead of the game. I think Don will take it flat sawn, green, fresh cut off the log and work something out with Scott for kiln drying. Don did specify to me that it must dress out @ a full 1" thick when dry, so it would need to have been cut at 5/4 on the 1/4 inch (hardwood) scale or 1 3/8" if your using a (softwood) or regular inch scale.

Please reply if you already got it cut, if not I'll go ahead and cut it out for him.

Thanks

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Jeff, thanks for remembering, and passing it along.. I do have lots of nice 5/4 hickory.
It has been air drying for four months
Thanks again, Ivey

J

jeff...

Jeff, thanks for remembering, and passing it along.. I do have lots of nice 5/4 hickory.
It has been air drying for four months
Thanks again, Ivey

Awesome Ivey, I'm happy you got it already cut :rolf: I'm drying on the vine over here, In all honesty it would be a few weeks before I could get to it. If you don't mind please PM me your tele # and I'll pass it along to Don.

Thanks again man...

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I feel better after seeing you and Mills "duh'ing!" It ain't all us "Old Farts" who have attention deficit!

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Part of the time I can't remember my phone # so I have to write it down
To many other numbers floating around up there in that empty space:drunken_s:-D

J

jeff...

I can hardly remember what day it is let alone a telephone number, but I can name just about any song and artist on the radio :eusa_booh. Recently I came to the conclusion that I actually had to start carrying a little notebook to write things down, so I don't forget. Kinda stinks when people think I'm blowing them off, not at all, I just don't remember things like I did when I was younger :-(

J

jeff...

Ivey - ( dave "dhi" ) is looking for some Hickory stair treads for house he's building. They need to be 4' long and at least 1 1/4 thick(finished 1 inch by code) and 12 ~ 13" wide. He needs 6 of them I believe. You got anything that would foot the bill? If not I can saw the treads out for him, but I heard your sitting on quite a bit of hickory that's already sawed.

Thanks

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Jeff, I do have some hickory, and some of what I had was 5/4 but not 12" wide. All of the 5/4 was sold this weekend. All that I have now is 4/4.
Sorry that I could not help out this time... Thanks, Ivey

J

jeff...

No worries man - I'll grab a log out of the log yard and cut the treads out for him. writing myself a note now so I don't forget :roll: Thanks for the quick reply...

Dave "dhi" - can you pick up this Sunday at the Harbor Freight off Capital Blvd around 11:00 AM?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS