Tool You Bought With Good Intentions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Sharpening stuff, as in different types of stones, sandpapers, grinders and jigs. I have a fairly large box of this stuff that is almost never used. I always looked for the next great sharpening craze. That all ended with the Worksharp 3000, between that for chisels and planes, the Drill Doctor for bits, and a regular 8" grinder for everything else I'm set. There's no more learning curve.

ehpoole

Ethan
Quick-release vice for the workbench I'm going to build whenever I can get myself to stop "making do" with my B&D Work-Mate.

Certain you weren't talking about my shop? About a year ago I purchased the Veritas twin-screw vice, and around this past Christmas I broke down and ordered a 24"x60" laminated Maple benchtop after deciding that was probably the only way I'd get around to finally building a proper workbench. Having been ill for much of the past 8 months, they have just been sitting out in my shop taunting me ever since! Hopefully sometime this year I will have a chance to make a proper base for the workbench.

As for the least-used tool (and I'm usually quite good about using the tools I buy) in my shop would be a Delta 8" variable-speed bench grinder. I need a better location for it so that the grit it sheds doesn't end up coating the path everyone takes into the house. Until I can build/find a better place for it, it sits barely used since wood floors don't care for 36-grit and 80-grit shoes!

For my finer sharpening, I pretty much exclusively use waterstones or a granite block with sandpaper.

I also have a complete RotoZip setup I seldom get to use nowadays, especially since purchasing my Fein Multimaster last Fall.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Ohhh the rotozip, I forgot about that useless tool! I have one somewhere in my garage too :).
Salem

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
My list for this thread could be very very very very very long.....

Sandpaper, granite plate, and jigs for scary sharp sharpening. Then I turned around and got a Tormek.
Waterstones and diamond plates for sharpening (300, 600, 1000, 4000, 8000). Then I got the stuff for Scary sharp.
Porter Cable PSH-1 HVLP conversion sprayer. 2 of them. I sold one new in the box. Still have the other. Then I got a Fuji Turbine
Router bits
Carving chisels
Festool table

This is getting embarassing, plus, you never know when the LOML will come read posts on the site.:swoon:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
This is getting embarassing, plus, you never know when the LOML will come read posts on the site.:swoon:
Don't worry, I won't tell her...in return for some of these tools you no longer need :rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS