The 10 Year Rocker - Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnman

New User
Talley Pollard
I have been holding back in showing pictures of my last project. I really take bad pictures and I have seen some excellent photos taken by others.
But nothing ventured, nothing gained!
These are photos of a continuous arm Windsor Rocker that I just completed. I actually started it 10 years ago, but just recently had the time to complete it. I work very slow, but not that slow. Actually I calculate that I have about 400 hours in it. Lets see now, at $10.00 an hour that makes this a $4,000 rocker. At least that's what I told my wife when I gave it to her for Christmas.
I can't tell if the photos are actually in this post, so maybe this was all for nothing. If they are not - help someone!

Attachments

• chair4.JPG
    chair4.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 298
  • chair3.JPG
    chair3.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
M

McRabbet

Beautiful, aged workpiece! It is a very nice chair and worth all of your efforts.

Rob

Monty

New User
Monty
You did a great job on that rocker! It looks like it was definitely worth the wait! I only hope my rocker comes out looking that nice! (or at least doesn't take as long to finish!!! :lol: )

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Pure Art!!!

I bet that that rocker will Rock n' Roll! I really like the finish. Will anyone get to sit in it? I would be afraid of it getting scratched and bumped. (Of course I am like that with my 10 y/o Chevy truck!:roll: :roll: )

Great work!

Wayne

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Very nice! Clearly a lot of work in that chair. I like your "tear drop" back design. How did you machine your saddle seat? Also, did you do all the boring on a typical drill press?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great pictures! Well posted. Beautiful rocker, it looks very comfortable. Did you size it for your wife? Things may have changed in the last 10 yrs:lol: :lol: If it no longer fits you can send it my way:lol:
What kind of wood, details on construction methods, and when are you teaching your next class?

Dave:)

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Mtnman-----you out did yourself on that one. Your wife has one beautiful rocker!!!! You are truly a craftsman. Is that mahogany in the seat? or cherry? or what?
Jerry

clowman

Clay Lowman
I love the design! It looks very comfortable. Nice finish on that as well? What was your finish method?

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Talley, great job on your rocker.:icon_thum I bet your wife really loves it. Nothing wrong with your photo abilities either. Both pix are clear as can be, just like the finish on the rocker. One question though.........how did you make the arms continuous like that?

D L

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Wow!! That is the best looking rocker I think I have ever seen.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Great photos also. You have ever right to be proud of it.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Yah, that's great! A unique piece that did finish well. :eusa_danc Congratulations, you must feel great that you finished it :lol:

Chris

chris99z71

New User
Chris
OK, enough with the suspense, answer the questions! :lol:
Great job! That's a fine looking chair. :icon_thum

DavidF

New User
David
That is a lovely looking piece, nice pics too - Walnutjerry - do you know Mtnmans wife personally:lol::lol::lol: and as for DaveO:roll::roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS