Swivel Bit Holder Source and review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
As most of you know I have with the help of some fellow NCWW's been making my own captured hollowing system. Well after searching far and wide I found a very good cost effective source for the swivel bit holder needed. I thought I would share since I know there are others out there into making your own tools.

Dweller in the Lathe

The product was top notch. Communication was great, and shipping super fast. A++++

*No affilation with this vendor.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Awesome... thanks. I'll have to show you the system my neighbor built me and get your feedback. I haven't done any hollowing yet, but right now the cutter is mounted different than this design. I might just pick one of these up!

Update: Here is the one my neighbor made ... not a great shot of the end, but I'll take a better one.

metal-made-hollower1.jpg

jimwill48

James
Not a bad deal. I made my own but unless you have a metal lathe and milling machine it would be hard to do.
swivel1.jpg

explode.jpg

James

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Not a bad deal. I made my own but unless you have a metal lathe and milling machine it would be hard to do.
swivel1.jpg

explode.jpg

James

Very Very Nice James,

Thanks for the break down of that parts, makes a lot of sense.

Question: I know it's called a swivel tool, is that because you can turn the bit to different angles to get different "HF"?

And how much would you sell one for? :eusa_thin

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Matt,

Yes that is exactly why it is called that. The only other one I found was $30.00.

James, I have seen yours before, in fact it comes up on google searches. Well done, but without a mill it is rather difficult to do.

Jeremy, nice setup, looks like it will work well, but the captured part looks a little small, does it swivel also tho give you more reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors