Sjoberg Bench $165 - Raleigh CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Sounds like a pretty good deal!! ................

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/2439053026.html

Sjoberg woodworker's bench - $165 (Penny Rd/Lake Wheeler)

Date: 2011-06-13, 10:07PM EDT
Reply to: sale-uawmy-2439053026@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Medium Sjoberg joiner's bench. Two-inch thick hardwood top (it's either maple or beech - not sure which). Incorporates both a tail vise and a leg vise with swivel clamping foot. Five 10.5" x 10.5" drawers and a generous cabinet 10.5" deep x 18.5"high and 18.5" wide. Cabinet door is backed with pegboard for convenient tool storage. Overall dimensions 30" high (so you can get good downward pressure for planing) x 55" long x 17.5" deep, including a chip/tool trough with a ramped end for easy cleanout. The leg vise sticks out a few inches in the front and the tail vice projects a few inches at the right end. I've just reglued a couple of loose drawer corners, waxed the wooden vise screws and given the top a light cleanup sanding. Tops shows some tools marks and a few stains and only one popup bench dog is included. This bench has seen a lot of use but remains rock solid and has years of good use left in it.

Nothing exactly like it in the current Sjoberg catalog but you probably couldn't touch a similar bench for less than $400 new today. This one is yours for $165. I also have a solid-core door cut down for use as a sacrificial top.

Leg vise:

Tail vise:

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2439053026

Not mine, but thought I would pass it along.

Wayne

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
That's the same bench that Andy posted recently, only it was 60 bucks then!

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39441

If you look closely, in the photo that Andy posted you can see that it has the door sitting on top of it that the current seller references.

Since the original posting was in North Raleigh, it looks like the current seller bought the original one, took it home to Cary, and is reselling it.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member

If you look closely, in the photo that Andy posted you can see that it has the door sitting on top of it that the current seller references.

Since the original posting was in North Raleigh, it looks like the current seller bought the original one, took it home to Cary, and is reselling it.

Know what!?

I think you are correct, Scott!

Good catch!

I didn't recognize it right away without the door laying on top.:wwink::BangHead:

Wayne

(Think they would take $60:gar-Bi?)

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy

And its' not me that took it to Cary. :gar-Cr

I wish I had; I would have my current "bench" (using the term very loosely) listed as firewood.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Probably bought when gas was close to $4 per.

Trying to get his gas and time back! :rotflm:

Not really trying to make any money off this bench.....:roll:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
The description does make it sound like the new seller did put a little sweat equity into it and at least he took new pictures. The ones that are really flagrant are the ads that pop up using the same picture with a higher price. I really shouldn't fault the seller though; if I find a Rembrandt at a garage sale, I'm gonna ask full price for it at Christy's... :rolf:

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
It's a free market, smart guy. Reminds me of when I used to buy up Nintendo Wii's and resell them on eBay for an easy $100 - $200 profit. But knowing he only payed $60 means you can try and get him to go lower on the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS