Site Change: Combine forums....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
In an ongoing effort to tweak the site, we would like to combine a few forums. Our ultimate goal is to reduce the number of Forums and make them easier to choose where you'd like to post.

These Forums are either under utilized or overlap closely with others.

1. Combine "How To" Forum and "Tips &Tricks" into "How To" with an update to the description.

2. Eliminate "Other WW or Site related Topics". Posts currently in this forum would be moved to "Off Topic"

3. Combine "Frequently Asked Questions" and "Help Desk". We will make FAQ posts Sticky in the Help Desk so they are easy to find.

I'd like to do this work on 11/11/09. For now, I'd like to keep this discussion to these three items. In the near future, we will canvass everyone for additional forum changes.

Luckily, we can't read everyone's mind:dontknow: So, if you have some insights into these forums that we might not be aware of, feel free to share.

Thanks!
Jim

Last edited:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
[BAnything that is done can always be changed back later, right?:dontknow: Let 'er rip!! :icon_thum][/B]:help:
:wsmile:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Sounds good to me. :icon_thum

In addition to that, I think you should create the "Bas" forum. This would be a place where Bas could just post random thoughts, projects, etc for all of our entertainment. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Sounds good to me. :icon_thum

In addition to that, I think you should create the "Bas" forum. This would be a place where Bas could just post random thoughts, projects, etc for all of our entertainment. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:
That forum already exists. Access is restricted to members who are GE qualified.
(Grizzly Employees).

Then again, some argue that ALL the forums are where I post random thoughts...now you know why Jim is trying to combine them.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Quick follow up, I just finished this change.

The three forums are merged into other forums and updated the How To forum description.

Hope this helps in some small ways.

Just for the record, no threads were deleted, just moved.

Thanks,
Jim

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
The only one I wonder about is that "Other" going to "Off Topic". I used it for "almost/possibly on topic" where tangential interest was likely (metal working, for example). But I guess it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS