Shop Cabinet Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Well its done finally! This cabinet was made with scraps and drawers that came from a scrap pile. I took and cleaned up the wood, replaced some of the fronts and designed it the way I wanted it to fit in my shop. The cabinet top and a oak plywood panel was purchased for this cabinet the rest is scraps that came from a scrap pile which was going to be crushed and thrown away. Alot of patience went into these broken drawers which are solid wood. All the hardware was already on the drawers along with the drawer slides. I just had to pick out a few good ones to use. Cleaned hardware up and there it is. More pictures in the gallery. But I enjoyed it!
Terry:new_smili

T

toolferone

Very cool looking and lots of great storage space. Great recycling job there.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Terry, that looks really nice! Too pretty for the shop. :lol:

I like the drawers a lot. What finish did you use?

Chuck

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Nice job Terry. :eusa_clap Lots of tools/supplies storage. Nice landfield save also. Also saved some of the nice green folding paper.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Terry, that looks really nice! Too pretty for the shop. :lol:

I like the drawers a lot. What finish did you use?

Chuck

Minwax Prestain Conditioner and 2 Coats Red Mahogany and 2 coats of Fast Drying Poly

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Terry,
The cabinet looks great! It adds a nice work area.
Where did you get the pulls for the drawers?
I'm looking for similar pulls.
Ron

dozer

Mike
Terry I have to say that is definitely a great cabinet. If you need a new project to work on now that this one is done I need some cabinets for my shop :lol: :lol: . It is really nice to see recycled wood going to such good use.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Need labels on those drawers... I love my Brother labelmaker and, as a sideline benefit, I can tell the LOML to go open the PLIERS/CUTTERS drawer to get something I need. The downside is, I find pliers and hammers and dikes and screwdrivers all over the house. Maybe it's better with no labels.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Terry,
The cabinet looks great! It adds a nice work area.
Where did you get the pulls for the drawers?
I'm looking for similar pulls.
Ron

They were on the drawer fronts when I pulled them out of the scrap. The scrap came from the old barracks at Ft Bragg when the contractor threw them all out side in a pile. I put together broken drawers sides and fronts to make the drawrs look half way presentable. Yes there are still nicks and dings in the wood but for shop cabintes they will do. I expect the pulls were on the cabinets when they came from UNICOR.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Need labels on those drawers... I love my Brother labelmaker and, as a sideline benefit, I can tell the LOML to go open the PLIERS/CUTTERS drawer to get something I need. The downside is, I find pliers and hammers and dikes and screwdrivers all over the house. Maybe it's better with no labels.

Once I get everything done they will be labeled. It sure beats trying to remember where you put things later.:bduh:

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Terry, I suspect you've got more than one of us thinking about what we spend to build similar cabinets for our shops. For the modest investment, you have a great cabinet that will serve you well. Perhaps we need to look more closely at what some consider to be "junk".
Roy

skeeter

New User
Charles
Nice work and a great save. Hard to believe the drawers were being busted up. You have a great looking shop cabinet.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Terry, the cost is cheap, but the cabinets sure don't look cheap! Great job, I'm really like all the "dust-free" storage the drawers provide :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors