several rings ready to go

gluing the rings on

Turning with the lathe

Finally my WIP!!

Tons of thanks to Charlie and Earl!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Thanks, that shows how it is done. I think I get it. Don't think I want to try it. But understanding is good.:widea:

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
WOW - I'd love to learn how to do that. Guess I should get better at bowl turning before trying to tackle something like that.........but maybe a shallow one. Might just need to invest in the software.

Duane

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Great pictorial, love seeing all the steps. Pretty good looking bowl too!

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
Looking forward to seeing it when it's done!

Lathe turning fascinates me. I've thought a lot of times that it looks like something I'd enjoy, but space constraints, among other reasons, prevents me from diving in. My scrollsaw and growing number of accompanying tools for that takes up most of my room. So.......... I'll enjoy the work of folks like you!!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Dan that looks Great~!

You sure are busy, I bet it's because your shop is nice and warm~! Mine is 30 degrees most days, YUCK. And after having a $70+ gas bill I have cut back on heating and therefore going in the shop, not to mention school has started again.

Anyway how did you get the half rings to fit? Charlie's jig... Half ring clamped or carpet taped, then trim? Or disc sander? Just wondering.

Great Job~!

dlrion

New User
Dan
Matt - Yup! I ran out of chocks to use, and got a whole bunch of hardwood from a friend, and now I have to watch to make sure I don't sweat myself out! The other day I was working, and I realized that my shop was 75 and rapidly approaching 80! This new cast iron stove is GREAT!

For half rings, I have used both methods, I find that for right now, it works about the same to use a disk sander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS