Router-carved Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
That sign should be in the $120-$180 range, however if you didn't give him a price upfront it might be a problem. If you claimed to be a professional sign maker then you could get even more. Most of my customers have a hard time understanding why something like that don't cost around $25 and like for you to come hang it for free. It's the Asian Mass Produced Syndrome (AMPS) that has come over this country.
Rob

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
What a wonderful job Jeremy,

Every time that I rout by hand I make some kind of slip that screws something up. Figure out whats a fair hourly price, add the cost of the wood and then double the total. After figuring out shop time and tool depreciation it's only fair. If he's a good friend then follow your heart.

Good luck,
Jimmy:)

T

toolferone

Jeremy, that sign is awesome!!! How bad did the bit want to run and grab on it's own?

You did a fantastic job on it :icon_thum!

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
The bit was into the wood just over 3/8". As for it wanting to take off on its own ... well, yeah. Sometimes it would want to take off ... so I added some rigidity to my hold to offset it a bit. Slow & steady paid off ...

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dang! I'm impressed, Jeremy :thumbsup:
And I appreciate that you figured out a way to do it that works for you and the project.

Roger

sawduster

New User
Robert
Dude that ROCKS !!!!!!! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Awesome work ! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

toolman

New User
Chad
Great job!!! My hat is off to you! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
Price? $145.95. But if you did not price it up front then ????? :slap: :slap:

b4man

New User
Barbara
Fine work Jeremy. If you turned that out as a beginner with the router you'll be pro by the very next one! You came up with a great layout too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors