Raleigh KD Lumber Run #3 (Pick Up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Wanted to let everyone know, Raleigh KD Lumber Run #3 will be happening Sept 16th around 11:00 AM in the Raleigh Harbor Freight parking lot off Capital Blvd (US 1). There is is a little lumber left for sale. The Ad seemed to have disappeared from the for sale view, but it can still be found here: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/ppclass/showproduct.php?product=49

I'll try and get totals PM'ed to those who have purchased lumber some time next week. I'll also be closing the ad mid to late next week.

I think I need to click the sold it button when I get ready to close the ad?

Thanks

J

jeff...

Wanted to let everyone know pickup will be this Sunday Sept 16th in the Harbor Freight parking lot in Raleigh of Capitial Blvd (US 1) around 11:00 AM. I PM'ed or emailed totals for those who have purchased lumber from this run.

There's still a little left for sale if someone wants to jump in at the last moment. I'll close the ad Friday so I don't create any confusion.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/ppclass/showproduct.php?product=49

Thanks

J

jeff...

Just a reminder, pick up is tomorrow, Sept 16th around 11:00 AM in the Raleigh Harbor Freight parking lot off Capital Blvd (US 1).

I'm going to borrow Scott's pin less merlin MM, so we can scan your boards MC, if you want too.

If you see a guy driving a GMC pick-up pulling a trailer with a bunch of wood stacked on it, that'll be me.

Thank

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Well, it happened. And here's the proof :lol:. It was great meeting everyone. And Jeff, thanks again!!! :icon_thum

KD3_005.JPG

KD3_004.JPG

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
What's with all that wood on the asphalt? You guys following Earl's advice on planing by draggin' it home behind the truck?!!!:rolf::rolf:

Really, just jealous here. Looks like some nice wood. Too many irons in the fire to make it up that way. Would have liked to meet some and chat with the one's I've met.

Go

J

jeff...

Thanks everyone for coming out to the lumber run today. It's a good time when NCWoodworker members get together. I thought we were going to have a few drive up sales, I guess some people like wood as much as we do... :lol:

Dave, I wished you could have came out today. I had something for you to help you with your wood turning addiction, but I decided to give it to Fred instead. Fred explained he's been cut off from bringing more wood home, so I couldn't resist giving him a chunk of mineral stained maple crotch to bring home and make his wife mad :-D

Below is a pic I snapped before most the folks got there...

I had the lumber from one log that look like it exploded in the kiln, never seen anything like that before :eusa_thin. After closer inspection I determined the log had ring shake. Usually lumber from a tree with ring shake will fall apart on the sawmill. This lumber "I think" because it was curly held together and I didn't notice the shake when I was sawing it. Had I known the log had shake I wouldn't have even put log on the mill, let along taken it's lumber to Scott to be kiln dried.

Even though I culled the boards as we were breaking down the trailer and would not sell them, I thought it would be interesting to share with everyone (expecially the sawyer guys) what to look for in green (not kiln dried) maple. Despite how curly the maple is check closely for ring shake. Kiln drying uncovered the shake in the lumber from this log, kinda like winter in the Midwest will show you what's wrong with your car.

I'm really glad this showed up in the kiln and it was in my control to cull out from the good stuff. I really would have felt bad, if I would have sold the lumber when it was green to someone and it showed up a year or so later after it had air dried some...

Here's an interesting article on ring shake in logs... http://forest.mtu.edu/research/hwbuck/hardwood_defects/ring_shake.html

Thanks

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 196

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave, I wished you could have came out today. I had something for you to help you with your wood turning addiction, but I decided to give it to Fred instead.

D'oh, had I known :eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh: Jeff, there are some drug dealers with less enticing tactics than you :lol::lol::lol:

Dave:)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
D'oh, had I known :eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh: Jeff, there are some drug dealers with less enticing tactics than you :lol::lol::lol:

Dave:)

:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf: beat ya too it dave!!!!!! heheheh when i get round ta slabin that hunk o wood you are wellcome to a piece or two.:icon_thum

fred p

J

jeff...

Wished I could sell that 8/4 maple by the pound, I'd be a rich man. Who in their right mind cuts 8 long 8/4 boards that are over 20 BF each? Some smart _ _ _ name jeff... that's who :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS