Raleigh area Jig Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I picked up a 3/4x~9x48" piece of UHMW PE from Dean in Dur'm (his words not mine) recently. Tonight I cut it down to strips of 3/4x ~5/16 x 48. Each strip will make 2 nice 24" runners. They are nice and tight in the miter slots.

I definitely do not need this much :). I have 9 extra strips runners (48" long) for ncwoodworkers in the Raleigh area (I actually live in Apex).

But there is a catch :). I ask that anyone who picks up a set of rails from me makes their jig soon and posts the pictures of the jig(s) they make.

So, does anyone want to play the jig game? Drop me a PM.

PS: Thanks Dean!

PPS: What a freakin' mess of plastic shavings!

PPPS: Do NOT, I repeat do NOT try to cut UHMW PE with a 3 tpi bandsaw blade... mauahahaha.

Salem

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Ya better be careful or Jigmaster Joe might jump in. :eek:

Really looking forward to the follow up threads on this. :icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'll play the jig game! But it might be a while before I get around to building my new miter sled, considering my new crosscut sled is already being rebuilt....I'll post about that when I won't have the urge to smash the keyboard....

Plus, I want to come see your shop :)

eyekode

New User
Salem
Heheh... "shop", yeah. If that is what you are expecting you might be disappointed :). I want to get a good look at your new planer/jointer sometime too!

You have PM for details on picking up your runner.
Salem

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
We have already PMed, but I will bump this back up to the top and report what I will make...

I am going to make a general purpose small parts sled. A lot like a crosscut sled but with hold downs.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
We have already PMed, but I will bump this back up to the top and report what I will make...

I am going to make a general purpose small parts sled. A lot like a crosscut sled but with hold downs.

Oohhhhh, can't wait to see it. This is on my list of things to make too!!!

eyekode

New User
Salem

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I Would love to be a part of the Jig game if there is anymore left.

I will be in Raleigh on the 26th for the Nutcracker Ballet with my Wife if that is ok with you for us to stop by before the Ballet?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS