Posting projects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
I thought I was supposed to season my lumber AND my tools. :BangHead: Graduate school continues to consume much of my time. Woodworking has not been a priority lately, but I still enjoy checking in on the site. I have worked with wood though in one form or another. Last month I filled a 20 cu. yd dumpster with yard debris (countless twigs and a few small trees), and I am also going to install pre-finished hardwood flooring in our living room.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Somebody besides me has been [STRIKE]wasting [/STRIKE]cutting wood! So I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

New 1/2" oak insert.
The factory one and the plywood one I made flex too much. And didn't have a clean-out hole. The front radius actually piston fit at first, but I had nowhere to lift it up to slide out. The plywood one had enough flex it was never a problem.

SCMS_Insert_1_.JPG

View image in gallery

These are some gifts including the treb-yoo-shets, that I'm donating as door prizes at the picnic.

:gar-La;

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Joe - They're some pretty fancy treb-yoo-shets! :eusa_danc

Still haven't heard anything about all the mahogany and zebra wood picked up at Scott's a while ago.

p

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Joe - They're some pretty fancy treb-yoo-shets! :eusa_danc

Still haven't heard anything about all the mahogany and zebra wood picked up at Scott's a while ago.

p

Before I butcher beautiful lumber, I have a ritual where I sit naked for 3 days on an ant hill, under a youpon tree in a Louisiana swamp. Unfortunately, with the price of gas, I will be unable to buy any clothes, but can't afford the gas to get to the swamp!

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Just started the paddle to go with the canoe.
glued up the ash/redwood shaft
blanked out the curved blades

next steps- cut the blade curve into both ends of the shaft while its still square
round the shaft
shape the profile of the blades (try to remember to make a left and a right)

do any final shaping on the blades and glue it all together.

then start the next boats

oh yeah- post pics

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Before I butcher beautiful lumber, I have a ritual where I sit naked for 3 days on an ant hill, under a youpon tree in a Louisiana swamp. Unfortunately, with the price of gas, I will be unable to buy any clothes, but can't afford the gas to get to the swamp!

This is true. It's one of the reasons the Louisiana swamp is so sparsely populated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS