Pie Crust Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I have been practicing carving pie crust (see earlier post) and decided to use the pieces on a little mahogany pedestal table. The finish is Minwax Red Mahogany stain followed by two thinned coats of shelac then a toner coat of Minwax Chestnut gel stain and 3 coats of poly. Next time I'll try it in the round.
100_1299.jpg

View image in gallery

nelsone

New User
Ed
That looks great Larry! I like the square shape. Did you use sliding dovetails for the legs? Excellent project, thanks for sharing. You are keeping me inspired!!!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very elegant looking table, Larry!

Gotta love that top and the graceful legs.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
That looks great Larry! I like the square shape. Did you use sliding dovetails for the legs? Excellent project, thanks for sharing. You are keeping me inspired!!!
Ed, No they are just M&T joints. I used to do sliding dove tails, but after reading an article in some mag. about how our modern glues are strong enough that they aren't really needed, I switched because it's so much easier and just as good.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
you do the coolest stuff!:icon_thum mind if I cull your scrap pile?:gar-Bi nice work as usual. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
That is awesome Larry.

I would be afraid to put something like that in the house, lots of grand kids running around and learning how to walk, I could see it getting broken inside of a week.

M

McRabbet

That's not only beautiful pie crust, but the filling looks pretty sweet, too! Beautiful job, Larry!

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Don't we all wish we could do work as beautiful as yours. Beautiful piece. Do you ever teach? I would travel to you for lessons. I have learned a lot in five years but I have so far to go. Lorraine

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Don't we all wish we could do work as beautiful as yours. Beautiful piece. Do you ever teach? I would travel to you for lessons. I have learned a lot in five years but I have so far to go. Lorraine
Thanks Lorraine. I haven't given any lessons but if your ever in the area drop by if you don't mind a messy shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS