Pen and Lathe tutorial from NZAPP today

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
I got to spend some time at NZapp's shop and learn a bit about the lathe and pen turning. Jeff.... was there to share in the fun also.
I also got my chisels sharpened and in much better shape.
Thanks Nick!
I know....no pictures so it didn't happen.
I will post a picture of the first pen I turned at his place later.
Thanks for the blank Jeff!
Ron

J

jeff...

Ron I enjoyed watching you guys make pens. The one I worked on that Nick finished, I gave to Nick's wife for putting up with me. So I don't have nothing to take a picture of, good excuse hu? I'm glad the blanks worked out, I thought the spalted maple would look kinda cool. The pecan seemed to be ok too, just real hard wood. I think I should learn how to hold a lathe tool, before I attempt a pen.

Thanks

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Thanks Guys for keeping me company today. Jeff you did not do bad at all. I also Ron has been practicing.I will get pictures of the maple an pecan tomorrow and post :icon_thum The outside of my house smells like puke though :rolf:

:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

Last edited:
J

jeff...

Nick, the puke odor only lingers for a few weeks, ah there is nothing like the smell of fresh of the log red oak 8-O.

J

jeff...

Dave, you missed it, I had a lathe tool in my hand and there was wood spinning on some threaded rod thingy.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would have been there for sure, if I had known that kind of fun was going on, and I didn't have Daddy duty all day without any reserve troops. I spent my day at Playspace and McDonalds :oops: :crybaby2: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Dave,
Last time I did that I was asked to leave.
They say that no one over 4' or 120lbs should enter...:crybaby2:

Ron

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
As promised here are the pens turned on Saturday

This one is the one Jeff turned and I finished

DSC00626.JPG

And this one is pecan I turned that was as hard as stone

DSC00627.JPG

I am going to take the pictures over with the gray background and see how they come out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS