Opinions on Kreg pocket hole jigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It is high, but it is awesome. Couple of suggestions/comments.

If you buy additional drill bits for it, always buy the Kreg bits. I broke my first one (dropped it in the drill) and ordered standard ones from WW supply and they broke regularly. Once I bought another Kreg bit I have yet to break it.

The clamp that is included with the kit is a good investment. Holds the faces of your boards flush.

Can't comment on this one versus that one. I have the original solid aluminum model.

mturi

New User
Mark
I was hesitant to spend a lot of money on a jig like this but I had a feeling it would work well and I tried to convince myself that it was worth it for almost a year. I stumbled across it on sale at a local Rockler store one day about a year ago and impulsively jumped on it. I got the K2000 system for around $99 and definitely think it is great. I did have a few screws strip here and there but the glue held things in place. The tapered plugs come in different woods and colors and look great when you want to expose the pocket joinery with a contrasting color. You will not regret buying this jig no matter how you use it.

T

toolferone

The K3 master pack is the way to go! No matter where you buy it:crybaby2: . I know about the gift certificate, just playing. The dust collection is 100% and having it set-up on the bench is sooooo much easier.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
The going rate is about $150 -- a standard price. I would recommend signing up for the Rockler mailing list, waiting for a 15% or 20% coupon, then using that to buy the jig. Another option is to scour the internet for coupons. I saw that SHOP.COM has the jig and usually you can find a good coupon out there for that website. Ebay is also an alternative, but I didn't see any good deals there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS