Opinions: How does this bandsaw stack up? Looks to be a great price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sediener

New User
Steve
Klingspor has the 14" Rikon for $630 after 10% discount this week.

13" resaw capacity. High marks on reviews I've seen. I want to get it but have to talk the LOML into it...

-Steve

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Jim
I agree with Steve the Rikon has the largest re-saw capacity and it is not much more the the cost of the grizzly with shipping. If all goes well I will be getting the Rikon soon:eusa_danc

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
Just called the Raleigh Klingspor and they can accept an order at $620 but he said delivery is undetermined as the shipments are hung up somewhere in China.

hmmmmm....

the price is good through this Saturday .......

sediener

New User
Steve
Just called the Raleigh Klingspor and they can accept an order at $620 but he said delivery is undetermined as the shipments are hung up somewhere in China.

hmmmmm....

the price is good through this Saturday .......

Excellent, so if I order now, by the time I get it, LOML will have forgotten that I bought it and that she already yelled at me and then start yelling again.

Is is COD or pay now, get it whenever it shows up?

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
For $200 more ($750) you can get the Grizzly G0513, which is a 17" saw. I just bought the G0513X2 (same saw with some add ons) and it is a great looking saw. Haven't used it yet, it just arrived yesterday evening!

NZAPP1

New User
Nick

It is pay now to get the discounted price:BangHead::BangHead:

[quote PeteQuad] For $200 more ($750) you can get the Grizzly G0513, which is a 17" saw [/quote]
I looked at that saw and still like the 13 1/2 re-saw capacity and the 2 speeds on the Rikon. I do not need the throat depth as much as I need the height capacity.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Resaw capacity is good, but for a lot of resawing max blade size can be important. Smaller saws can sometimes have difficulty tensioning the larger blades properly as well. I don't know much about the Rikon so I'm not sure if that's an issue there.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Peter, I have owned the same Grizzly since December and love it. Enjoy.

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
Ordered the Rikon for $629
Delivery is expected on the 13th but I'll have to wait till the 15th to pick it up.

Tool gloat in the making!:gar-Bi

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
Excellent, so if I order now, by the time I get it, LOML will have forgotten that I bought it and that she already yelled at me and then start yelling again.

With my luck if I ordered it now it would come in on Mother's Day weekend ...

:gar-La;:gar-La;

sediener

New User
Steve
Got shot down by the wife, no bandsaw for me. I'll just spend 3-4 hours trying to get my 9" tuned up so it will cut a straight line.

- Steve

Nativespec

New User
David
Steve you are welcome to use mine, it's no "bear" to use. I am tempted to buy the General saw at Klingspoor-I just dare my wife to say something.:saw:

David

sediener

New User
Steve
David, I may take you up on that in a few weeks. I need to resaw some cedar for drawer bottoms.

I have a feeling that it may backfire on her once I use that nice machine you have over there... It'll end up costing 4x as much. :gar-La;

Steve you are welcome to use mine, it's no "bear" to use. I am tempted to buy the General saw at Klingspoor-I just dare my wife to say something.:saw:

David

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Guys,
ordered the Rikon at the wood working show on Saturday.Went to Klingspor in Hickory on Monday to pick up some other items and was told that the next shipment expected around the 18th will cover all current orders with no extras.They are selling like hotcakes at that price.
Greg B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors