One of the largest pines I have seen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
This tree was taken down last week and Chris and I had the privilege to get it.

The logs were 30" in diameter and 13 feet long. The two logs were almost 1000 bf of of old growth short leaf pine.

I counted on the fly 175 rings which means this one started as a sapling in 1835. WOW!

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Almost as old as my house. :rotflm:

That will make some nice table top slabs or work bench tops.

Glennbear

Glenn
Awesome Kyle, I love old growth pine and currently have a rack full of recycled old growth pine boards.:wsmile:

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
I totally read that headline as something else...thought we had a urologist on the forum or something.

:icon_cheers:elvis:

Uh, nice wood!

:D

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
This tree was taken down last week and Chris and I had the privilege to get it.

The logs were 30" in diameter and 13 feet long. The two logs were almost 1000 bf of of old growth short leaf pine.

I counted on the fly 175 rings which means this one started as a sapling in 1835. WOW!

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

My FIL was born in 1922 and he grew up in western NY. When he was a boy he had an older gent for a neighbor who told him that it was not uncommon to see pine trees that scaled 3' at 90 in the air floating down the Erie Canal to a mill. I cannot imagine what they looked like as a standing forest - now that is something I wish I had the privilege to have witnessed.

Hope you have the best of luck with the yield and with the seasoning ...

Seamus Eamon

New User
James
Wasn't a bad price at all for the history. Due to the age alone (ignoring the fact it is so soft) I would personally hesitate to call it junk.

Now what came of the huge walnut slab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS