New woodworking member

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
Hi everyone,

I have enjoyed woodworking for almost 20 years, mainly building furniture and turining the occasional bowl/vase. More recently, I have ventured into the realm of making wooden trucks/cars/boats for my 2 young sons. I live in the Cary area and look forward to getting to know some local woodworkers!

Gonzalo

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Gonzalo, welcome to NCWW! Sounds like an ambitious project, building trucks, cars and boats for your sons. Especially since every kid in the neighborhood will want one :) I look forward to seeing some pictures of your work.

There are plenty of woodworkers here in Cary, don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome aboard, it is great to have you join us. Feel free to jump in at any time, and please show us some pictures of your work.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer Gonzalo:icon_thum
It's great to add an experienced woodworker. Enjoy the site and we look forward to your input.

Roger

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Pictures man, we need pictures :-D

Welcome to NCWW, the friendlist pile of sawdust on the net.

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Welcome to the NCWWer. Glad to have you join. :icon_thum Pictures, we like pictures of all kinds. Wooden trucks/cars/boats will work just fine.

Danny

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi there Gonzalo and welcome to our site.:eusa_danc

As Bas mentioned, there are a number of us from here in Cary. Please feel free to give us a shout if you need any help with your projects. Sounds like you have everything under control.

We look forward to seeing more of your work through posted pictures.

Enjoy and I look forward to your input to the forum!:wsmile:

Wayne

JohnW

New User
John
Gonzalo,

Welcome to NC Woodworker. My daughter just moved to Cary. I warned her about Bas but she moved there anyway.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Gonzalo, I am glad that you found us. I look forward to your input in the forum and as said...hopefully seeing some pics of your work.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Gonzalo. :eusa_clap Wooden trucks? cars? boats? Man, you're hardcore! :notworthy: Please share some pictures of your work.

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Gonzalo. Feel free to PM me and stop over for a shop visit. Just don't expect to much.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to the playpen, Gonzalo. This is a great group of WWers always willing to help. Did anyone mention we like pictures???
Enjoy the site.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Gonzalo, welcome to the best WW site. There's lots of information to be had as well as great guys and gals willing to help out anyway they can.

I'm pretty sure that the slackers probably forgot to mention that the occasional picture is frowned upon here and instead you must bombard us with them in order to fit in!! :rotflm: :rotflm:

I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Brian.

toolman

New User
Chad
[FONT=&quot]Welcome[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]BEST[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]WOODWORKING[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Forum[/FONT][FONT=&quot] on the web! [/FONT]

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
Thanks for the great welcome!

I will plan on posting a few pics of my current projects, a dump truck for my 1 year old and an 18 wheeler for the 3 year old. I have not had time in the last few days because I have been setting up my new SawStop table saw (stealth gloat). The "problem" is that the more of these I do the more customized they become. The first one was pretty straight forward. The latest one, the 18 wheeler, had taken a lot more time due to some "liberties" I have taken with the original design, custom front bumper and grill, headlights, pinstriping, etc. I guess they will be allowed to play with these once they turn 30!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors