New Tool Gloat - PM #701 Mortiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehpoole

Ethan
I've been looking at getting a benchtop mortiser for awhile, so while visiting Woodcraft (Greenville, SC) Wednesday afternoon I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the Powermatic #701 benchtop mortiser. Woodcraft will soon be hosting a 10%-off sale soon, with the ealiest pre-sale date of 6/18 -- hence my pre-order rather than bringing it home Wednesday.

For me the deciding factors were price, quality, and built-in chisel storage and diamond sharpening cone.

Now I just need to find someplace to put it -- I really ought to get around to building those cabinets and counters I've been planning on tackling one of these days!
1791310_main

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Ethan, congrats on the new [STRIKE]toy[/STRIKE] tool. :icon_thum I've got an older Delta model, and while it doesn't get used on every project, it sure is nice when you need it.

Bill

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
I have that same machine. Got it from Woodcraft in Raleigh when there was a Powermatic promotion a couple of years ago. Really nice machine. Has more power and features than the Delta I had several years ago. Have fun with it.

Cato

New User
Bob
Ethan- Congrats on your new tool. A dedicated mortiser sounds like a nice tool to have, and something that I have been mulling in the back of my mind.

Let us know how it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS