New to this Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to NC Woodworkers... For that matter, I'm relativley new to North Carolina as well. About three years ago I escaped the winters of Buffalo, NY, and have made the Western North Carolina Mountains home.

A little about me - I make sawdust, lots of it, and have perfected several methods of sweeping it up. I build custom furniture & cabinetry in a wide range of styles, but I'm most known for my Arts & Crafts inspired work. I also have an addiction to routers - I have over a dozen of them now, plus a shaper - truth is, I'm just too lazy to change bits in them, so I just keep on buying motors.

I'm married for 10 years now to my wonderful wife Ramona - You have to love a woman that encourages you to buy an extra dozen clamps every time they're on sale. She won't let me buy junk either - If I'm looking at a tool or machine, she'll remind me to buy the best one now, rather than upgrade later...

I also have a couple dogs, Sam & Lucy, who were rescued through a group in raleigh.

Lets see, what else??? Oh, I'm a sucker for Guiness, and I'm pretty partial to most stouts and porters.... So if you want to sneek into my workshop, just swing by bearing dark beer, and I'm done - Just like a carrot on a stick in front of the donkey.... The only caveat is no beer till we're done with the power tools - I still have all 10 fingers, and plan to keep it that way.

That about sums me up. I see a lot of people helping each other here, and I hop to be able to offer my 2 bits, and learn a thing or two as well

Cheers,

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome Greg! It's great to have you with us. It's great to have a wife that supports the habit :icon_thum. Jump right into the discussion and share your latest projects... we love pics. :gar-Bi

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome, Greg. Glad to have you join this bunch. You should start making your plans to attend the Klingspor Extravagana this fall in Hickory. Good chance to meet some fellow WW's.
:wsmile:

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Welcome Greg, glad you joined the site! Please feel free to share your expertise and talent. :icon_thum

timf67

New User
Tim
Welcome Greg! I am fairly new myself and have found the site to be an incredible resource.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Greg. I've seen some of your work before and it is nothing short of impeccable. You have found a great community here and we're very happy to have you. :eek:ccasion1

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Greg,

Glad to see that you've joined North Carolina Woodworker. You may recall that I met you in Asheville at the Grovewood this past February, and I'm sorry we didn't get to chat longer. I still hope to get up to your place for a visit within the next few months. BTW, I am a big league beer enthusiast, so the stouts and porters are no problem at all for me. I'll be sure to bring something when I come by. I also agree on the power tools and beer don't mix rule.

North Carolina Woodworker will certainly benefit from your well recognized expertise and experience with A&C furniture.

Matt

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Greg!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Don't forget to post some pictures of some of you furniture work for us.

Have fun, post often and stay safe.:wsmile:

Wayne

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
A man after my own heart. Power tools, clamps and dark beer. I too have an affinity for Guiness, but a true Black and Tan is out of this world. Unfortunately, the calories that go with it are out of this world.

Welcome aboard!

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forest. I too hail from the western part of the state(Forest City) but now reside in the eastern world. As far as getting some tips from us; after seeing some of the fine work shown in Fine Woodworking magazine, we may be getting some you. Really nice.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Greetings! As a fellow Stout (in beer and girth) person, glad you joined us. I'm a sucker for Left Hand Brewery Milk Stout or a Sam Smiths Oatmeal....... mmmmm....... :eek:ccasion1

We have a few events coming up in the western part of the state, so keep an eye out.

Look forward to seeing some pics of your works too!

Jim

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome Greg from a former Buncombe County cove-ite!

Glad you have joined us here and welcome to North Carolina. We really enjoyed your recent Morris Chair article and the videos on FWW. That alone was worth the annual fee for fww.com! Look forward to meeting and seeing more of your work.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Hey Greg.

A warm welcome to a very accomplished woodworker. Your A&C work is really great. I just finished your "D" handle A&C book case and the instructions and drawings were spot on...looking forward to more articles and hopefully a class at your studio.

Dan C.

M

McRabbet

Hi Greg -- Glad to see you joined this great sawdust pile and our heartiest welcome to a fellow stour lover (my personal favorite is Murphy's Irish Stout). We were most fortunate to have you present a brief but enthralling look into the marvelous Arts & Crafts movement for the Western NC Woodworker Assoc. back in June -- I echo Tarhead's comments about your recent article in the June 09 FWW and the stellar step-by-step video on the Bow Arm Morris Chair on FWW.com. We're very fortunate to have you here. We'll look for your input, insight and interest -- And maybe I'll get out your way with a few brewski's in hand as promised...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors