New to site and first real project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmichel917

New User
james
Hello to all on the site. I have been scanning the site for a little while and figured I will try to contribute.

I am fairly new to woodworking having done some small projects like signs. I just started working on a mobile mitersaw stand I saw in an issue of Fine Woodworking. The pictures below show my progress so far. More pictures to follow as I find time to complete the project.

Also, a tool gloat, that is the 12" Millawkee slider that I got at Home Depot half off and with a 10% off coupon.

DSC00035.JPG

View image in gallery
main base of the stand
another view of the main base

fully assembled base and saw with the pieces for the extension wings

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome James, I am glad you could join us. It looks like you are on your way to a fine piece of shop furniture. Out of all the furniture I've made, the pieces for the shop are my favorite, as they keep adding value to everything else I make.
I look forward to your input in the forums. You might drop by the "Who we are" forum and give us all a little more intro to yourself, it will help with the discount stuff too.

Dave:)

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome to the site James. It's great to have you here. Looks like you're off to a great start on your project.

You posted in the General woodworking forum, which is fine, but you might want to mosey over to the Who Are We forum for an introduction there as well. That way you'll get credit for it towards the discount qualification program with some of our vendors/sponsors.

jhreed

New User
james
Welcome to the site. I see, in your shop, you have some of the same ladders I do. This is a good place to get your questions answered. I have found that for any question, there is at least one person here with the answer.
James

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looking good James! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I recently relocated from Wilmington and worked a lot in Leland. Welcome to the site and NICE score on the slider! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, James!

Cool project stand and doubly cool mitre saw.

You got a great deal on a fantastic saw, from I have read. (I missed out!:roll:)

We are glad to see you join and look froward to seeing more of your work.:icon_thum

Take care.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors