New to NCWW Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy Ports

New User
Cathy
Hello Everyone,

My name is Cathy Ports. My husband, Brad (otherwise known as vetteman9956 on NCWW) has been a member for almost 2 years. I have been a "silent" member of the group and have only attended a few functions thus far due to my previous work schedule. Now that I am no longer working in management, I have the time to step back and enjoy my family and life so much more. Several people have asked me to join the group, so I decided to take them up on their offer to join this wonderful group of people.

I started working with wood back in a wood shop class in middle school. I was the ONLY girl in the class back then. I did not let that stop me though. My Mom kept the first project that I made for her and I pulled an A+ on. I enjoyed the class alot, but it wasn't until last fall that I finally decided to take the plunge into trying my hand at turning. Turning is some thing I always wanted to try after watching the pros on TV and demonstrations. Now I am hooked! Brad has been kind enough to share part of his "man cave" (the shop) with the boys and I. We have two sons. Parker who will be 14 in June, and Alec who is 12. They are enjoying learning abour wood crafts and broadening their horizons also. As we master one type of project, we look forward to our next challenge.

Brad and I recently purchased a laser engraver as the latest addition to our woodshop. I am looking forward to creating even more beautiful pieces as time goes on.

I have met many of you, especially at the picnic last weekend. I look forward to meeting more members and sharing tips and tricks of the trade as we are able to.

Best regards,
Cathy

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi there Cathy and welcome to the group.:icon_cheers

We met the weekend that Brad was moving the new laser engraver into your shop. You guys have a very well outfitted shop and am sure that we will be seeing plenty of fine woodworking projects that you guys have completed.

Now that you seem to have mastered bottle stoppers, I am anxious to see what will be next on the project list!:wsmile::icon_thum

Take care and have fun.

Wayne

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Cathy,

Welcome. I'm glad that you decided to become more fully involved here in our virtual pile-o-sawdust. Don't forget to post some photos of the work that (all four) of you do.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Cathy, welcome aboard. Sort of seems redundant, since a lot of us know you and figured you were at least lurking:rotflm:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome Cathy! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap It was great meeting you at the picnic this weekend. That is so nice that you get to share woodworking with Brad and your two boys. I could only wish that my parents would've shared something like that with me and my sister. Christy seems to be interested in marquetry and I am hoping that she will dive right in and enjoy it. That would be an interesting combination of both of our skills, and who knows? Maybe one day down the road we will be sharing woodworking with our kids... :rolleyes: Anyway, I'll stop rambling. :gar-La; It's great that you could join us. :icon_thum

ehpoole

Ethan
Welcome from Anserson, SC.

Nice to see another member from SC. Enjoy your new hobby and don't hesitate to ask for advice or assistance. Just beware the Tool Virus :help: has been going 'round lately.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Welcome to the site. We've seen you around at a couple of events over the past year or two ... so it is nice to now have you as a member. Keep up the WWing and keep your hubby well supplied (oh wait, he already is ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS