New sharpening system today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Well, have been dabbling more with planes and chisels. Purchased a Lie-Nielson 60 1/2R Block Plane, a #5 Stanley and purchased a Lie-Nielson Bronze #4 today along with a 6pc set of Two-Cherries chisels in a Two-Cherries Leather pouch to go along with my Stanley chisels. Use a slow speed grinder and Sorby jigs for my turning tools, but went to Klingspor today and got a selection of different grit sandpaper and the Veritas MKII honing jig. Stopped by the Habitat Restore and they had 3 perfect pieces of glass. Just finished 2 of the Stanley chisels....Scary Sharp! Really does a good job. There are so many different sharpening methods, I really didn't know what to choose. Will try this for awhile. Any suggestions...?

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
It has already been reviewed here I believe, but out of the box with no extra jigs, I got great results with my new Tool Sharp 3000. I did two plane irons and two chisels- square tips, flat, even bevels, sharp, and no water mess- all of which I could not achieve at the same time and as quickly with my Tormek. (and all for only $170 with free shipping)

Nativespec

New User
David
I use a Jet wet grinder, oil stones, man made and natural wet stones, sandpaper on a piece of marble, small diamond cards and I just ordered some diamond paste from Lee Valley. It depends on what I am sharpening. I have the latest Lee Valley honing setup and like it very much.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS