New router top (wip pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

I posted last week about the new router lift I got. Well. I had to make a new top for my router cabinet. Here it is so far. The new top is 2 layers of MDF edge banded in oak and laminated top and bottom. It is 25"d x 32"w x 1.5"t. The front has a miter track and a T-track. The 2 gold Incra T-track Plus pieces will be used for the Bench Dog fence to slide and lock to. Next I will seal all exposed wood and MDF so moisture will not expand the MDF. I layed out all the pieces so I would know where I could put screws and not route through them later. This was a great idea right up until I laminated over it before marking the edge which was front or back. I had a drawing showing the layout including the screws, so I grabbed a metal detector and located the screws. That got a good laugh!

rtr%20top%201.jpg
rtr%20top%202.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice...ain't woodworking a blast :lol: :lol: Good thing you had your metal detector.
I like you choice of laminate color, most tasteful :-D

Dave:)

T

toolferone

Very nice...ain't woodworking a blast :lol: :lol: Good thing you had your metal detector.
I like you choice of laminate color, most tasteful :-D

Dave:)

Actually it is better then that. I was at work early this morning to pick up something and I ended up doing it there, so when I needed the metal detector off to the shelf I went to "product test "one.

The laminate was left over from a small counter I built awhile back. Left over means free!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Tom, that looks really good. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Can you make two while you're at it? (I could use a larger RT top.) :lol: :lol:

Chuck

sapwood

New User
Roger
The top is looking good!
:eusa_thin "free" laminate top, "borrowed" metal detector, and a "stolen" router lifter . . . now, that's pennywise construction :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS