New member, Southern Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
It's time I quit lurking and introduced myself. I'm a teacher at NCSU by day, and a student of woodworking at night. I've been making sawdust for only a couple months now, but am happy with my first project (bathroom vanity) and am now starting on a kitchen full of sapele cabinets. I've got a whole lot to learn, especially using hand tools, but that's half the fun. Thanks for the information and support on this site - you're a friendly bunch!

Dan Bowman

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey, Welcome Dan, I am glad you could join us. Thanks for coming out of the shadows and introducing yourself. What do you teach at State??? My wife works there in the Animal Science dept.
I look forward to your input in the forum and hopefully seeing some pics of your Sepele cabinet job.
See you around!!

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Welcome, Dan. Glad that you've decided to join the discussions. Lots of good folks here and plenty of opinions to help point one in what we hope is the right direction. We'll look forward to seeing some pictures of your work and shop when you get a chance -- but in the interim, accept our warmest welcome!

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome to the best site on the web Dan. Lots of great people here at all skill levels. I recently finished a project that would have been simple for many here but was by far the most complex for me.

Post some pics of your cabinet progress. Its quite easy just click upload photo at the top of the page and it will put it in your photo gallery.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
Thanks for the warm welcome! I posted a picture in the member gallery of my first project. To answer a question, I'm in the Crop Science department, and teach turfgrass management. I never pay for golf.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi Dan!!!

Welcome!

I had a gander at the vanity in your gallery. Awesome job! I would like to see another pic with it in place. You sure did a great job on that one.... for sure!!!!!!!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

I have a couple of daughters who were State students. One that has graduated and another in a post graduate program. You guys are doin' a great job teachin' our younguns'. You should be definitely recognized for the great work you are doing down there at State!!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up Thankyou!:wsmile::wsmile:

Glad that you joined our great site and I look forward to your future posts of more fine looking projects!:eusa_danc

Have fun and stay safe!

Wayne

M

McRabbet

Thanks for the warm welcome! I posted a picture in the member gallery of my first project. To answer a question, I'm in the Crop Science department, and teach turfgrass management. I never pay for golf.
Hmmm... maybe I should bring my sticks with me to the Triangle when I visit in late September...

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
Dan,

First, thanks for being a teacher!
You found a good place to get help and shasre ideas. There is lots of experience here in lots of nice people. Have fun but be safe first!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Dan, welcome to the site. It is good that you have found us. Feel free to jump in at any time.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile. This is the best site on the web. Give a yell if you ever need an extra set of hands.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Welcome Dan.
About time you came in the front door and introduced yourself. lol.
Yep this is a great place. looking forward to your input and woodworking projects.

MAC

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Dan! :eusa_clap This is a great group of folks. I look forward to your input and seeing those cabinets complete. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Dan, welcome to the site! What part of southern Wake are you in? My wife and I live right on the Wake/Chatham border in New Hill.

One of my neighbors retired from State a few years ago - did you ever work with Kim Powell?

Scott

J

jeff...

Dan yes indeed it's time you stopped lurking and joined :gar-La; Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS