New member saying hello to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudelive

New User
Dude
I am from Durham and enjoy working with my hands and fixing things. At the age of 57 I am trying to start a hobby in woodworking in a small shop here at home. Still trying to be sure that what I buy is what I need and not what I want. Currently have a 12" lathe, small table saw, 10" craftsman bandsaw and just bought a ryobi miter saw. Plus other assorted hand tools.

I have been touring the site here and have found it to be very helpful with what seems to be lots of nice people with good information that they don't mind sharing with others.

Have been married for 37 years to a very nice lady, one son and one granddaughter also 2 brothers and 3 sisters.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Hello Dude! It's good to have you join us here on the forum. As you noticed, there are a bunch of nice, helpful folks here, just holler if you have a question. :icon_thum

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Dude! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I really like your outlook toward buying tools. Just get what you need for the current project. I think that allows you to learn more about each individual tool, rather than filling your entire shop with tools that stand there and collect dust until you need them. Please post some pictures of your work and feel free to jump in at any time. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome aboard, Dude. :icon_thum

Starting a new shop is always fun. If you have questions on tools, just ask, cause someone on here has probably owned or bought what you're interested in.

:wsmile:

nelsone

New User
Ed
welcomeani.gif

Glad you found us, but you'll soon find out this hobby is not about what you need, it's ALL about what you want!:wink_smil

Feel free to throw out any questions you have. There's a lot of experience that's more than willing to help out here!

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Dude. Lots of great folks here allways willing to share some knowlege and advice.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dude welcome. Everytime I see your user name I am reminded of a musican from my past http://www.dudeoflife.com/index.html
Thanks for the trip :happy7: down memory lane.
I am glad that you could join us, and look forward to your input in the forums.
See you around!!

Dave:)

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Dude, welcome to the site. Are you a Durham native? If so, there aren't too many of us around. Glad you managed to find this great group of folks!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Dude, welcome! Just to warn you, I encourage people to buy tools regardless of whether you actually need them :tool: Need is overrated :)

It's great to have you here on the site, and I look forward to seeing your first projects. Hint: We like pictures.

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
Still trying to be sure that what I buy is what I need and not what I want.

Welcome to the site. You are right a bout lots of nice people willing to help and share.
But, you need to get over this rational approach to tool buying. I'm pretty sure there are several man laws against that..... At the very least, we don't want quotes like that falling into our wives hands!

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Welcome!

Like Mike, I'm from Durham origiPICS!nally. If you're from Durham, and attended Southern High, you might know my broPICS!ther. Don't pay too much attenPICS!tion to the WGD enablers; i've discovered many of them live vicariously through the purcPICS!hases of others. The worst cases egg on Travis, Scott, Jeremy, etal. Just keep doinPICS!g what you're doing, building the stasPICS!h as needed. I have to live vicariously throPICS!ugh other's shops, as I am shopless.

BTW, we love pics here! Of anything!

Dudelive

New User
Dude
Dude, welcome to the site. Are you a Durham native? If so, there aren't too many of us around. Glad you managed to find this great group of folks!

Actually I have only lived here approx 15 years I guess, am originally from Hillsborough and while looking through the forums I did notice there are not many here in Durham unless they are just silent which is ok too.

Welcome!

Like Mike, I'm from Durham origiPICS!nally. If you're from Durham, and attended Southern High, you might know my broPICS!ther. Don't pay too much attenPICS!tion to the WGD enablers; i've discovered many of them live vicariously through the purcPICS!hases of others. The worst cases egg on Travis, Scott, Jeremy, etal. Just keep doinPICS!g what you're doing, building the stasPICS!h as needed. I have to live vicariously throPICS!ugh other's shops, as I am shopless.

Well I went to upload a couple of pictures last night and my wife has the cord for the camera I used connected to her computer. Will get them later.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWWK'er!!:icon_thum

Buying tools and setting up shop is always fun. I started to do the same thing about three years ago and haven't looked back. :gar-La; Too much fun!

By all means please share some pics of your work and post often!

Wayne

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the website, Dude! Glad you could join us -- I lived in Durham for 18 years until I retired and we moved to the mountains... Look forward to your posts and pics and questions -- we're all here to share this great hobby/love/profession...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS