New Lumber Supplier in GSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Yesterday at lunch Steve Honeycutt and Bill Clemmons introduced a new to us supplier of wood called Musser. They spoke to the receptionist and got info on the company. It was discussed that maybe we could solicit ads, membership, lumber runs, etc. Someone interjected the possibility of offending our already active suppliers like Hardwood Store and Rick DiNardo. So, oh wise ones, what do you suggest???

Steve_Honeycutt

DQ Qualified
Steve from
Jamestown, NC
Lumber
Barbara,

With some direction from the board, I would be happy to contact Musser to see if they would be willing to host a lumber run in Greensboro. I would also be willing to submit any information to the board for approval prior to posting. I would like to be helpful without causing any problems.

The prices that they quoted us, were better than the Hardwood Store and they might be willing to have a better sale to announce their new location to the membership of NCWW. I don't know if they are open on Saturday or not, but I think to get the most participation a lumber run would need to be on a Saturday.

Let me know how I can help.

Steve

M

McRabbet

If they are a commercial wood supplier (it sounds like they are if they have a "receptionist"), then we can list them on the Wood Suppliers page in the "Woodworking in NC" drop down. To date, we have allowed lumber runs only from sawyers that are selling green lumber or cut wood and dry it in their own killns, not from commercial entities that sell to local or regional customers. IMHO, it would be a breach of our policy with our paid advertising sponsors if we allowed them to announce a lumber run. However, one of our members could announce that they have used this source or the company could become an advertiser if they wanted ($150 for a 3-month sidebar ad). My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS