New guy from coastal NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosseason

New User
Ross
Hi,
I am recently retired from banking. I am my own general contractor on a large addition to our retirement home on the intracoastal waterway very near Camp Lejuene. Besides building and woodworking, I like computers,jet skis,sports and travel. My wife and I are empty nesters trying to adjust to life in a rural area.

Ross

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Welcome Ross, there are some of the friendliest folks here on the web.

AlexSwansboro

New User
Alex
Welcome Ross. I too am very near Camp Lejeune. Let me know if I can be of any assistance at all. I don't know much, new to wood working, but I have been in the area for about 5 years now.

Alex

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Ross!!!

Believe me when I say that retirement is everything that good should be.:wsmile: Only problem is that there is definitely not enough time in a day to get done what one wants to get done!:gar-Bi

Good luck on building that new retirement home. Hope it includes its own woodworking shop!

Looking forward to reading your posts and seeing some pictures of your work.

Wayne

rosseason

New User
Ross
Welcome Ross. I too am very near Camp Lejeune. Let me know if I can be of any assistance at all. I don't know much, new to wood working, but I have been in the area for about 5 years now.

Alex

You are welcome to come see what we are building. Let me know if you are interested.

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Ross,

Welcome to NCWW. I am in Newport/Morehead City, so if you are down this way, please stop by.

Matt

09woodie22

New User
Gabe
Welcome Ross! If these guys don't know, the answers are "lost forever." Lots of knowledge and experience represented here... and even better, a user-friendly website! :banana:

My wife and I are in similar circumstances with retirement, but we are living "at the lake" in southern Virginia. Very rural... let me say that again... very rural. Some of my neighbors sound like Larry the Cable Guy!!! But they are 'salt of the earth' and will help you do something in a heartbeat.

Enjoy! :icon_cheers

navy1990

New User
Matt
Welcome, Ross. I live in Jacksonville, although on the outskirts by Richlands. I am also fairly new to woodworking, but if you need any assistance let me know. I've lived here for 7 years. And you have found the friendliest place on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS