Need pens for Japan gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I need to buy some pens for my daughter to give her friends in Japan.

I think she needs about a dozen or so, I like the Euro style, must be native American wood, she has a small budget and shipping is killer.

I would trade wood, or pay cash.

PM me with offerings.

I like this pen a lot, but I can't remember who made it for me. Walnut, cherry, maple?

threadedherringbone_0161.jpg

sawduster

New User
Robert
Bro I've got some slimlines that I'll give you if you don't get enough pens :icon_thum

They're not perfect but they're passable and all the blanks came from my own woodpile :mrgreen:

Just lemme know

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
What part of Japan? If she has any friends in the military, you can send them to the APO base, then you only pay shipping to California and the military pays the rest to Japan. It may take 2-3 days longer, but it saves a bunch.

Matthew

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
She's near Osaka now and moves every three months. I don't know any military in Japan. That would sure save us as we are sending a lot of things over.

Thanks,

mike

Rob

New User
Rob
Hey folks, I can donate a couple of kits for these, I have some pecan and walnut blanks I'll give to anyone that can help donate the rest. Great chance to get our site known over seas.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Many thanks Rob!

If you have a flyer or hang tag be sure to put it with the pen so she can write you a thank you card.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Mike
I have some kits and a load of blanks. You are more then welcome to stop over and turn them. I would but still can not get into the shop with my leg:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That is something I would like to learn, but I'm trying to get some firewood cut, split and stacked. We thought we were moving so I let it run down and didn't get any cut this summer. And I sold my old truck so I'm having to drag it out of the woods and down to the house by hand and foot power.

Looking for a small 4-wheel drive tractor to help with that.

But I will get over there some time, I promise.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I know I will not be turning soon do to how the shop is set up:BangHead: but am hoping to get to the scroll saw sometimen in the next week or so. I can give support if you change your mind and want to turn some pens:icon_thum

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I looked at his web site and he does some excellent work.

My daughter can't spend $50 a piece.

I think we have it covered now anyway.

Some great guys here. :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hey Mike.

I have a few slimlines here that you welcome to. They are not all made from domestic woods though.

Let me know if you want a few.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors