NCWW Board of Directors Election Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I am pleased to announce the members of the 2010 North Carolina Woodworker Board of Directors. Their terms will take effect in June 2010.

Douglas Robinson
Tracy Pardue (TracyP)
Travis Porter
Rob Payne (McRabbet)
Steve Coles
Trent Mason
Scott Miller (ScottM)

Stuart Nelson and myself will be leaving the board effective June 30, 2010. Stuart and I both wish our replacements (Steve and Trent) the best of success, and we look forward to Trent and Steve helping to take North Carolina Woodworker to the next level.

As per our by-laws, after they are seated the Board Members will decide amongst themselves which board positions that they will individually occupy, and announce the decision to our membership (most likely in July).

Many thanks to the North Carolina Woodworker Corporate Members who participated in the voting process, as well as our Board members who are donating their time and expertise for the benefit of us all. Additionally, I would like to acknowledge and thank Joe Sharle for his willingness to serve on the Board of Directors and for consenting to running for the board this year.

Scott Smith (scsmith42)
Corporate Secretary
North Carolina Woodworker, Inc.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
My hats off to the outgoing Board members, Stuart and Scott. Thank you so much for your service to this organization. Without all the effort you put in, we'd not be the place we are.

Congrats to the new and returning Board. I look forward to serving you in any way that I can (aka, you get to boss me around, how cool is that?).

Serving on the Board says a lot about each of your individual commitments. Its really appreciated.

Jim

cskipper

Cathy
Thank you to the current board members. Welcome to the new board members, as well as thanks to the board members in advance for all your future hard work.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
It takes special people who are willing to give of their time and energy for the good of NCWW. Thank you Stuart and Scott for your immeasurable contributions and good luck and best wishes for another great year to our new Board of Directors. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Ernie

jhreed

New User
james
Our previous board of directors were great. I hope the new board feels the challenge. I have one question. What was the total vote count? Did most of our members think they should vote? Please do not get this wrong. I think the new bod will take us to another level. they are all great talent.
James

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
It has been an honor and a privilege to have worked with Scott Smith and Stuart Nelson this past year. They both brought a dedication and drive that will be missed. Both truly represented the best interests of NCWW and it members. Thank you both for your time, your intellect, and your perspective!

Doug

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
A huge thanks to Scott, Stuart and the rest of the BoD. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: This site definitely wouldn't be what it is without you all. As for me, I was actually very surprised to have been elected to the BoD. Every single candidate that ran is top notch in my book and it will be an honor to work with you all and to serve the members of NCWWer.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I too want to thank Stuart and Scott for their service. There is a lot that happens behind the scenes and the contributions these gentlemen made will have a positive lasting impact to NCWW for many years to come.

Last edited:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Our previous board of directors were great. I hope the new board feels the challenge. I have one question. What was the total vote count? Did most of our members think they should vote? Please do not get this wrong. I think the new bod will take us to another level. they are all great talent.
James

As of 1 am on the morning of the picnic, we had received 86 votes via our website. At the picnic, we received 5 more, and there was one additional vote submitted to the website later in the morning of picnic, for a grand total 92 votes from Corporate Members.

During the 1 am count, the voting was very close; had four members voted differently we would have had a different board. However, the last 6 votes were predominantly for the BOD members who were re-elected, which increased the spread somewhat.

The individual Vote Talley is as follows:

Douglas Robinson: 81
Tracy Pardue: 81
Travis Porter: 78
Rob Payne: 76
Steve Coles: 72
Scott Miller: 65
Trent Mason: 65
Joe Scharle: 57
Stuart Nelson: 53

Last edited by a moderator:
Status