My daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

I know I've been pretty quiet for some time, but there has been one key reason. My 40 year old daughter Julie is having surgery later today to remove at least half of her thyroid gland after the discovery of "abnormal growth" detected by her doctor in January and confirmed in mid-February (a 1 cm "lump" that is not a cyst). After some further analysis, she will have surgery today and a full biopsy will be done to determine follow-on treatment. During the surgery, the doctor will know if more tissue is involved and may removed more of the thyroid if necessary. I am in Apex and will be here helping her and my near six year old grandson over the next few weeks. I'll keep you posted on her prognosis once we know.

Last edited by a moderator:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I will keep your daughter and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Rob, You know I am close by. Please let me know if I can help in any way, even if it's no more than come visit my shop just to get away.
Charlie

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Hope everything goes smooth with this. It's never good to hear of the potential for Cancer anywhere. The good news is that there is a very high cure rate for Cancer involving the Thyroid.

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
Rob, the power of prayer has been proven to me. Allow prayer to work its wonders for you. We all are sending powerful prayers to Him for you and your family. Hold that 6 year old close. He may be your best support during this stressful time.
James

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Of course, you and your family are in our prayers. If we can help, let us know, we are just down the street.

DWSmith

New User
David
If it helps a little.....My wife went through two thyroid surgeries in the 70's for a similar condition. She was the first chemotherapy nurse in High Point and the chemicals used there were suspected of causing her condition.

Our prayers are with your daughter and the surgery team. The operating room will be surrounded and filled with the angels necessary to help and protect.

M

McRabbet

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts -- she just went into surgery and we should know in a few hours.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Rob, I hope all is going well. Your daughter and family are in our prayers!

Donn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS