My Allergy Checker Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Well it appears I might be allergic to Walnut so this migt be my only Walnut project.

My Dad Loves Chess and Ckeckers, so I made this for his Birthday.

Checker_board_3.jpg

Last edited:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice looking chessboard! But.... you inverted the pattern. The top-left square is supposed to be white, not black. :drunken_s

Sorry to hear about your allergy. I haven't had the pleasure of working with walnut, so I don't know what I'm talking about (which has never stopped me before though...), but I'm sure it's something I'd feel as a loss - walnut is one of those "staple" woods.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Man, that's itchin' to be played on :lol:. Now you just need a lathe or scrollsaw to make the chest/checker pieces and you'll be all set. Is the playing field a veneer, if so how thick? What did you finish it with?
Great looking project and I am sure your Dad will love it and cherish it.
Dave:)

mcoston2

New User
michael
Very nice board. I know he will be proud of that. Need more details on the build. :icon_thum
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

cskipper

Cathy
Very nice looking chessboard! But.... you inverted the pattern. The top-left square is supposed to be white, not black. :drunken_s

Great looking board!Hate that about the allergy to Walnut. One word - gloves. For Bas's sake, when you submit that in the calendar contest, retake the pictures with the board turned 90 degrees.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Thanks everyone. The board is 1 inch thisc and has small rubber feet on the bottom Its solid Walnut and Curly Maple.

The pattern is the right way Bas's head is on crooked so its ok, I understand.

:wtongue::rotflm::wtongue:

Oh and Bas Missed you around this week.

:jiggy:

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Very nice board! My daughters boyfriend had inquired about one. But I haven't started on it yet. Is that face grain or end grain like a cutting board? And I think I would keep it for myself anyway if it looked that nice! Great job!

PS...Sorry to read about your allergic reaction to walnut!....my favorite wood!

MikeH

New User
Mike

You're kidding right????

Nice board Jon!!!!!! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very nice board! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I really hope you can figure something out about the allergy. I also hope your dad understands all of the blood sweat and "itching" that went into this. ;-)

Trent

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Jon
Nice chess board :thumbs_up:icon_thum Sorry :cry_smile to hear about your allergy to walnut. I am willing to help you out though. I will come over and remove all the walnut from you shop of course free of charge :rotflm::wink_smil If you are thinking about making chess pieces give me a call I am willing to help turn them.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Very nice looking chessboard! But.... you inverted the pattern. The top-left square is supposed to be white, not black.

Bubba..er...I...mean....Bas , me thinks some people take you a little seriously. :dontknow: Just keep 'em coming I need the laughs.:lol:

Jimmy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS