Multi-Tool Replacement blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
As most know, more than one brand of blade will fit some mult-tools. I thought this might be a good thread to start, so we would have a common reference as to which fits which. Yesterday, I went to Northern Tool and checked to see if their GENSIS (Power Smith) blades will fit my HF tool. They do. With a coupon, I was able to purchase two bi-metal blades for around $11.00. I also bought their wide (2-5/8") flush cut blade for $9.99. I need this to do some siding removal.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I stopped in HF last week and saw their multi tool blade display. Looks like a Bosch pattern, so I picked one up. Well.......looks are deceiving! It almost fits :slap:

You're welcome to it. Remind me next time you come by.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I have one of the HF tools. I happened to see the post a while back when Bosch had the free offer for their adapter and a blade. While Bosch blades sort of fit without it, they fit a whole lot better with the adapter. It is just a washer with the right pattern of bumps on it to fit the blade's pattern. The holes are the same size and the blades would hold okay without it but required the bolt to be so tight that stripping could be a concern. If you didn't make it that tight, the blade could pivot too easily during use. Anyway, if you can get your hands on the adapter (and you can; they sell for about $4), I think you will be happier with various blades.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Right Andy, I have a Fein and the Bosch adapter. The holes in the HF blade are just a fraction too small for the blade to fully seat on the adapter.
My Fein has the quick change bolt/lever, and doesn't allow for any additional tightening.

BTW, Sears blades fit right out of the bag, but are prone to strip the teeth when the going gets tough.

Asheville Hardware

New User
Asheville Hardware
We carry the Imperial brand blades, which I know fit the Fein and I'm guessing many of the other multi tools as well. What has impressed us with them is that the blades are a bit thicker than the Fein branded ones. They tend to last longer, at a lower price. Win/Win

Scott

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Haven't tried them yet, but 2 sites that I read very good reviews about. Imperial and Multiblades.

So far as tools go, I have HF and Rockwell. Like them both, but do prefer the Rockwell.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Right Andy, I have a Fein and the Bosch adapter. The holes in the HF blade are just a fraction too small for the blade to fully seat on the adapter.
My Fein has the quick change bolt/lever, and doesn't allow for any additional tightening.

BTW, Sears blades fit right out of the bag, but are prone to strip the teeth when the going gets tough.

The HF adapter is nothing but a washer with a curved radial pattern stamped into it to give it more of a grip than a plain washer. It does require the bolt to be pretty tight even with the HF ones but they match up to the stamped pattern better than the Bosch ones, hence the need for the Bosch adapter.

I really haven't used it for a "real" project yet, just cut a few scraps to test it and get a feel for how it works. The Bosch blade I have (the common rectangular one) is far superior to the HF one. It cuts faster yet requires less pressure.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
We carry the Imperial brand blades, which I know fit the Fein and I'm guessing many of the other multi tools as well. What has impressed us with them is that the blades are a bit thicker than the Fein branded ones. They tend to last longer, at a lower price. Win/Win

Scott

Yes/Yes! :thumbs_up

Previous posts on the Fein Multimaster beared similiar comments.

I also was able to spend some time with a Imperial rep discusssing ( he was also a rep for Fein for many years). Visual inspection of both the Fein and Imperial blades show the thickness variation. and the prices on the package, well that was a no brainer.

Will certaily give them a try after using up my initial supply of Fein blades.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS