More serving boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Working on Xmas presents already...because I have to have some ready to exchange at Thanksgiving. I made a couple more of my "free-form" style serving boards. This time in Bloodwood and Purpleheart with Maple striping.

Bloodwood_PH_serving_boards_002.jpg

Bloodwood_PH_serving_boards_005.jpg

They are unfinished. I "finished" them with Micromesh on my ROS that I got in at the Klingspor show in Hickory. I tried to do my best with the photography, but I still didn't capture the shine they have. It looks like they have been lacquered, but they are just bare wood, sanded smoother than a babies butt.
One will be going to my Mother and the other to my wife's boss.
Dave:)

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Looking sharp ... looks like you're a pro at these now.

Didn't you tell me that you have posted instructions out here on how to make these "free form curves"? Do you happen to have a link to it? I think I need to give it a shot ... :eusa_thin

J

jeff...

I really enjoy looking at the stuff that comes out of Dave's shop, it's eye candy 8-O. One day when I grow up I hope to have as much skill as Dave.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Nice work Dave:icon_thum The I am glad MM worked out for you. I will be giving it a try soon

erasmussen

New User
RAS
You just seem to keep popping those projects out of your shop:eusa_clap
You do in a day what would take me a week to do, only your's look really nice
good work:icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice work, DaveO!!!

Where in the world do you find all of this time in the shop!! I am retired and still can't find that much time!! I know that you have a day job ----- I don't; besides leaves in the yard, painting indoors, cars/trucks to wash/wax etc. etc.!!! I have to better understand where all the shop time comes from!!!!

You have completed yet another great works!!! I was thinking of cutting boards for XMas gifts. (I do tooooo much thinkin' and not enuff action!!!:eusa_doh: )

Great work............as usual!!!

Thanks for the inspiration,

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wayne, I cleaned up the leaves in my yard today also...~2 acres :-D :-D :-D
I started these last weekend and spent all day today finishing them up. Most of the time is spent watch the glue dry, the actual cutting takes very little time.
Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Beautiful work, Dave, as usual! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

What are the boards' dimensions?

I noticed you made a hole to hang them...no way anybody would lay a knife on one of those works of art!! :)

Chuck

sawman

New User
Albert
Dave,
That is really nice work. Is the maple stiping and inlay?
I have to remember to close the door to my / our semi junk room. The LOML saw them, can you make those? I might get to go and buy some more lumber. I will check the link you listed.

Later,
Albert, Al or whatever

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Very attractive, Dave. These are just too pretty and artistic to put a blade to. I am glad you made a hole to hang them up so they can decorate a smart cook's kitchen. Excellent work!:icon_thum :icon_thum

skeeter

New User
Charles
Nice looking serving boards. The freeform design and wood contrasts really look nice. Handmade gifts are always appreciated more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS