Luthier in Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack briggs

New User
jabguit
Hi fellow NC Woodworkers! My name is Jack Briggs and I'm a luthier (stringed instrument maker). I've been obsessed with working wood since my shop days in junior high school ('71). I started making guitars in the late 1970's for myself, which led to thedevelopment of my own designs in the mid '90's. I've been building full time since 2005, out of my basement shop here in Raleigh.

I look forward to seeing some works of others on these forums and chatting with many of you while I take breaks from my work to keep my brain from gelling!

Cheers,

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Jack, Welcome to the friendliest ww site on the net. We are glad that you found us. Please show us some of your work. We would love to see lots of pictures of your guitars.

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
Hi Jack and Welcome! This is a great site with friendly people. I'm in Apex. If you ever get over this way stop by. By the way I really would like to get one of your guitars. Maybe we can barter somehow.

Jeff

Hook

New User
Gregory
Jack, I look forward to picking your brain! Thanks for joining. I have a Dreadnaught in process but I'm thinking I should've tried a kit for the first guitar. :BangHead:

Glad to have you aboard!

jack briggs

New User
jabguit
Thanks all!

Tracy - I just posted some pics over in the General Woodworking forum under "Pictures from harpsichord land".

Cheers,

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWWer, Jack! This is a great site with lots of helpful folks:icon_thum.
If you've been reading any of the posts here, you should know we LOVE pictures. Pictures of most ANYTHING.
Don't hesitate to jump in anytime with questions or suggestions. Enjoy the site.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hi Jack,

Welcome to the site ! Woodworking is what we do, so anything that you can add in the forums will be greatly appreciated. I have a cousin who is a professional luthier specializing in guitars, named Richard Mermer, maybe you've heard of him. Anyway, nice to have you.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Jack!
Glad you joined the fun and look forward to your input :icon_thum

Rock 'n Roll,
Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Jack, it's great to have you join us. I consider Lutherie to be one of the highest forms of woodworking there is. Not only does it involve very precise woodwoking, the results are beautiful and make wonderful music too. I look forward to pickin' your brain.
Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hi Jack, welcome to the best saw dust pile around. I look forward to your input and seeing your work.

5Etek-mike

New User
Michael Lemings
Hello Jack, and Welcome to NCWW!! Just in viewing the different pics you've posted, all I can say is that your craftsmanship is astonishing! :notworthy:

Looking forward! :eek:ccasion1

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Jack, welcome! Even though I am musically challenged, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate a finely crafted guitar. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Kenith

New User
Ken Stewart
Welcome to the group. Do you ever do any repair on old fretted instruments? I have a Stossel-Lute that needs new fret wire.

Ken

jack briggs

New User
jabguit
Welcome to the group. Do you ever do any repair on old fretted instruments? I have a Stossel-Lute that needs new fret wire.

Ken

Hi Ken,

I do repairs on occasion - usually when I have a window in my production schedule. I've never worked on a lute, but I certainly could take a look at it and give a quote. Send me an email and maybe we can have a look see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS