Long time coming..... new toy er um tool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Finally got a full size lathe to replace the poor old Delta....
I think we made a good choice

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
SWEET!!!!! I do expect to see some samples at the Fall Gathering. :thumbs_up

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Oh that is a gloat for sure! you will make some pretty round things.
YOU ROCK!!!!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Finally got a full size lathe
A lathe? Isn't that a coffee drink, like a latte? In this case, looks like a tall grande mochalappafrappachino with whipped cream on top! I don't condone this 'turning' thing, but if you insist on making perfectly good square wood round, you might as well do it with good tools :gar-La; Congrats!

JRD

New User
Jim
If my Midi were to get together with your Midi, could we expect what you just ended up with?

Forgive me, I covet another man's lathe.

Jim

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congrats!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Now that is one handsome lookin' lathe!!!:tinysmile_tongue_t::tinysmile_tongue_t:

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'm jealous :jealous::jealous: Thou shall not covet another mans tools, but that's a dang nice lathe. I hope when I grow up I can have one like that or this -
2436_lathe_350px.jpg

Dave:)

J

jeff...

very nice. I want one

(Waves Hand) Want One?... Want One?!?!?... Again search your heart you must... only in the heart, true desire, you will find (Waves Hand) Search deep... if lathe you want truly, relationship with your family will suffer... (Waves Hand) proportionate, balanced and square is the true flatsider... meditate... meditate... m.e.d.i.t.a.t.e... m..e..d..i..t..a..t..e... m...e...d...i...t...a...t...e... Breath in, Breath Out, Breath in, Breath out, feeling better now?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
(Waves Hand) Want One?... Want One?!?!?... Again search your heart you must... only in the heart, true desire, you will find (Waves Hand) Search deep... if lathe you want truly, relationship with your family will suffer... (Waves Hand) proportionate, balanced and square is the true flatsider... meditate... meditate... m.e.d.i.t.a.t.e... m..e..d..i..t..a..t..e... m...e...d...i...t...a...t...e... Breath in, Breath Out, Breath in, Breath out, feeling better now?

:rotflm:, Jeff, we are getting to you, you will finally slip down the slippery slope to the dark side.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
CaptnA. I am happy for you. I really am! Enjoy!!

HOWEVER, DaveO, you really need to stop!. Taunting a guy like Jeff with a Oneway, when he already has a bandsaw big enough to rip tall trees with a single cut is over the line. Next thing you know will be getting posts saying "Raleigh Maple Veneer Run" or worse!! Gone will be the "lumber" runs. Can't you see what a guy like Jeff would create with a Oneway and a super bandsaw!! Boards 20' wide and .005 thick!!

Guess I better start buying stock in Titebond, cause a lot of us are gonna need it to make a decent board.

Go

J

jeff...

CaptnA. I am happy for you. I really am! Enjoy!!

HOWEVER, DaveO, you really need to stop!. Taunting a guy like Jeff with a Oneway, when he already has a bandsaw big enough to rip tall trees with a single cut is over the line. Next thing you know will be getting posts saying "Raleigh Maple Veneer Run" or worse!! Gone will be the "lumber" runs. Can't you see what a guy like Jeff would create with a Oneway and a super bandsaw!! Boards 20' wide and .005 thick!!

Guess I better start buying stock in Titebond, cause a lot of us are gonna need it to make a decent board.

Go

Funny you should mention that, Mr Go - I have the wall in my office that's littered with wide 1/8 thick pieces of veneer. Every time I cut a new species of tree I make sure I shave off a thin board so I can hang a 2' long piece on my wall. Kind of strange I admit - but I can look up at the the wood that's tacked on the wall and remember how excited I was to crack open that first log of a new species (I know I'm easily amused) - plus it also helps me with identification. I just counted 31 different pieces hanging on the wall - that means I've cut 31 different species for the first time. One species I would really like to get my hands on is Box Elder but have not been able to find one yet.

Rest assured I won't be doing any "Veneer Runs" anytime soon - I would need to build a drying press to dry thin wood and keep it straight - I haven't found anyone local with a press - so your safe for now... I guess another option would be to dry thick pieces and re-saw into veneer but I simply don't have the time right now for that.

Thanks

cskipper

Cathy
Congratulations! That's quite a lathe - we expect great things from you (sooner or later)!. Robin - if you want anything "flat", you better catch him while you can - lol!

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Nice lathe Andrew - Right now I am confused - sort of like Darth (Skywalker) Vader before he went to the DARK side - I want one but then I don't:BangHead: Oh What to do - what to do :BangHead::eusa_thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS